Good Lord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a Rant...Im in quarantine for 2 weeks, so I decided I would detail My Ram.. Ran to Wally World to pickup some polish and wax.. Good Lord, I spent 45 minutes reading bottles.. wth happened to the good ole days of just wash,polish,wax? So many different items was just confusing.. f

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But, i had a mask on..lol... I'm out of work due to quarantine at my work. Too many people catching it so, it's closed for 2 weeks.. so yes I ran to the store to get my essentials (wax and polish)..lol.. I didn't realize how I had it worded..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Things are changing again
Where i live, they are telling the big box stores to require proof of Covid Shots

Patients are returning to Doctors offices & the medical staff are filling the Appointment Book, getting hard to get a visit in.

Trucking outfits still can't get truck drivers

I expect to see more quarantines

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did you get tested? Did it come back negative? Are you vaccinated?

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
You're old...Nobody uses wax anymore. They may call it that, but there isn't a hint of carnuba in most of it. Claybar your paint, hit it with one of the fine synthetic waxes, and use a bottle of detailer spray in between. Not promoting brands, but don't look at the stuff from Turtle Wax like the cheap crap of old...They have improved their chemistry a great deal. You can never go wrong with Mother's or Meguires. The rest of it...Is all just hype.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You're old...Nobody uses wax anymore. They may call it that, but there isn't a hint of carnuba in most of it. Claybar your paint, hit it with one of the fine synthetic waxes, and use a bottle of detailer spray in between. Not promoting brands, but don't look at the stuff from Turtle Wax like the cheap crap of old...They have improved their chemistry a great deal. You can never go wrong with Mother's or Meguires. The rest of it...Is all just hype.

The old Turtle Wax, sure. The new Hybrid Solutions line, as good or even better than Megs and Mothers. Never thought I'd say that one day as I was never a fan of TW.

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get tested? Did it come back negative? Are you vaccinated?
Obviously your trying to start a political war, that I won't entertain. Last I checked this was a Ram Forum not a medical or political forum. I admitted I worded my post incorrectly, kudos to you for catching it. Don't start this drama game here.. There's alot I want to fire back at u, but not here..

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Things are changing again
Where i live, they are telling the big box stores to require proof of Covid Shots

Patients are returning to Doctors offices & the medical staff are filling the Appointment Book, getting hard to get a visit in.

Trucking outfits still can't get truck drivers

I expect to see more quarantines
Here they are saying if your whole family has it, no biggie, if you don't have symptoms then report to work. Now if someone has it in the workplace, a complete different story, I guess it's a liability. I had a friend that had 5 people had it, so they closed it for half a day. I was thinking, what good is that gonna do..lol

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you saying Turtle wax is good or not? I hope good, because that's what my old *** got.. lol.. I'm fixing to give it a whirl and see..

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No war here just want to make sure you're safe. Love the Forum members
My apologies, I may have taken it the wrong way.. Yes, I'm safe as of today anyways.. unfortunately none of us knows what tommorow brings.. Thank you for clearing this up. Back to topic, I got the truck washed, but it's already kickin' 90degrees and alot of humidity, I probably won't get to the polishing and waxing this morning, or it won't be covid that gets me... Lol

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
ScrappyDogg
Maybe his company paid for an Sanitation Team to come in.
Companies seem to be trying anything to keep their doors open

Every time a Passenger Aircraft or Train reaches the Terminal, they are sanitized.
Many restaurants Sanitize when they close for the day

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Walmart has chemical guys. I would have just gotten that. Excellent products just like Adams. Adams you have to order unfortunately.

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used turtle wax for years...works great foe me!
I just used the turtle liquid compound. It definitely got all the swirls and some minor scratches out. But there were a few scratches I felt that should have buffed out, but didn't. Im no expert by all means, so it could have been my technique. In about 6 months when I do it again, I'm gonna try something a little more aggressive and see what happens..