Green Film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Does anyone know if the behind the dash, such as HVAC control, sliding back window and headlight controls, has a green film to make the color green, or if that's what color the lights are?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm pretty sure ( i could be wrong) but I think that's what color the lights are. You can order LEDs in just about any color off Ebay or any other truck site to change the ones behind the dash... i dunno about the ones for the light switch, etc. Those colors might be built in to the plastic design so the reg light shines thru that color... you can always take it off and look :D hehehehe

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
One way or another it'll be coming off Friday. Haha. If needed I'll just remove the tint on the film, I know that is possible if film is there.

mbs4298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone know if the behind the dash, such as HVAC control, sliding back window and headlight controls, has a green film to make the color green, or if that's what color the lights are?

It is a green film on the switches and gauge cluster. I just switched all of my gauge and dash lights to blue LEDs. I don't think it would be very easy to get the film off some of those switches and panels. What are you wanting to change the color to?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a blue film and the stock lights are yellow (blue and yellow make green...)
. If you switch to white LEDs it will appear blue. I did the blue dash mod years ago. You will need to get a blue film for the odometer and the overhead console display. Check with BigBoi, I got the blue film from him. I think it was called roscolux. Any color besides blue is not practical.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Going for all red. There's got to be a way to turn the film clear? Will be getting a custom gauge face that will have tint to make the lights red with stock lights. The other lights just need to be switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at your color wheel and figure out which color turns blue into red... Good luck.

Even if you could do it, what will you do about the green in the odometer (besides live with it) and the EVIC? Those aren't bulbs, they are lcds.

I would resolve those issues first before I ordered the gauge overlay.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The custom gauge face will turn those red too. Ive been talking to them. And they said when I remove the first overlay and put the new one down it'll have tint on it to turn everything red. Including those.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not trying to be a Davey Downer, but I strongly recommend you resolve the other issues before you order the gauge face. When this mod was popular a few years back there were a lot of disappointed folks.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Yeah. Won't be ordering that for a while. Just have a couple LEDs coming in that I'm going to be playing with. And if I get it working you guys will be the first to know.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have seen all red in a 2nd gen