Hemi rebuild 2004 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad HD 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puddaljmpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hola,
New member here along with my 1st post. I’m in the middle of rebuilding my truck and
Have a few questions for y’all and would like to hear from others experiences and knowledge.

1. The “foam” engine pad under the intake, does this need to be there for some reason?

2. Dual exhausts, there’s a plethora of blogs about several types but I haven’t seen
anything with old style real dual exhausts, the hemi’s getting long tube headers
and would love to run right straight out the back through a cherry bomb.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
1. There to insulate the plastic intake manifold from a good portion of the heat coming from a hot iron block.
2. True duals CAN be done in these trucks, but not like the old days; there just isn't provision for it under the truck. You have to snake two pipes down the passenger side the way the SRT truck did (though the factory used a single muffler), then you just need to decide on how you want it to exit out the back:

Dodge%20RAM%20SRT10%20exhaust%20system%2054.jpg