How's This for Interesting ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
So, a new tenant moved into the upper unit in my place, and wouldn't you know it, he's an Engineer for Ram Canada specifically, and is head of a team responsible for real world EV Ram testing and engineering on all levels (although, he reports to mother Ram in the USA ;))

He travels to the Arctic and Arizona for testing, and after the testing is done, the trucks get crushed.

Me thinks there is a great opportunity here for us all ;)

I don't want to bombard him, but maybe some common high level technical questions that the Family here has can get answered by a man who's direct input shapes the Ram EV technology.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What will be the final expected range on the new RAM REV with standard size and/or maybe optional bigger battery pack?

ADD: Figured I would post a "responsible question", hee hee.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alcohol warms the heart and numbs the brain ;)
WHY when I was stationed Northern Tier, always went to "Canuck" land and got our preferred beverages than back south to indulge, lmao. Awful cold when U got off the Flightline.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
How is a Ram EV battery going to be kept cooled down during charging.

The bigger question is :
when a lithium battery over heats & causes a FIRE.
How is the Fire Dept. suppose to spray what ever fire retardant directly on the Battery, to keep it from re-igniting.

AWWW, forget it, they have enough to worry about
with making it easier to steal the truck.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Will it tow 10K and more and do it for 300 miles at 70 MPH with 8% grades without having to sit for 45 minutes to an hour to recharge?
What are you, crazy? This truck is to be used for getting groceries and picking the kids up from school. Towing...what were you thinking? :jester:

goggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure the guy pays two months up front, he may not have a job in the future, CEO Carlos Tavares hates EV's, he just puts up with them because of government cash and mandates, this guy has no problem killing the EV 1500, if Ford and GM do it, and between the lines it sounds like they will, this guy do it will also.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM tested their marine motors here at our shop about 10years ago,they were here for about 7 years...I saw some wild stuff they came up with...I'd say about 90% of any of it never went into production.but man,they did come up with sum weird stuff and procedures.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is cool insight! Butter him up, make him a really nice steak and report back.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell him next time on his way up to the Arctic to stop by in Saskatoon for some Captn Morgan, 2 inch"Filet Mignon" steak and Saskatoon Berry pie..best in the civilized world !! - then this ex Homicide detective will "interview" him and get you guys ALL the goodies..LOL

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat