Issues with Side door emblems on 2016 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gorourke002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
Hi I bought a ram 1500 used and all exteriors features seemed great until the emblems on side door began to fall off one by one. I realized there was some kind of after market glue keeping the ram 1500 lettering emblems on and now there is a ton of residue underneath that won’t come off with heat or goo gone or anything I have tried.
I’m just looking for advice on either helping to remove the glue underneath or maybe an emblem idea to cover up the ram 1500 outline of glue

Just a side note I went to an auto body shop and they said I may have to sand it down and get it repainted but that seems overkill to me

Tia

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Try and eraser wheels to remove the goo.
But you can have the truck sanded and buffed on that door to maybe remove the haze, or outline. If it doent, you can always get new black, or chrome new badging and put back on?

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Try WD-40 or Naptha to remove the glue residue.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A 3M rubber wheel should do the trick. If the grit line is persistent try some light rubbing compound.

After removal of the residue clean the area well with an adhesive remover then wax & polish.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Be careful with the rubber wheel. If you apply too much pressure or hold it in the same spot too long it can burn the paint.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know what type of adhesive was used but the stock badging or emblems are usually held on with 3m double sided tape. Like mentioned above, be very careful using one of those eraser wheels because you can seriously mess up the paint if you don't know what you're doing.