Dodge ram all door locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buterban1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 and since we owned it all of the power door locks have never worked from either the driver side main switch or the passenger side switch. I checked the harness in the door jam and did not see any broken wires. I checked all the fuses with no luck. I’ve seen other posts about the instrument cluster being the problem. Are there any trouble shooting tips on testing the main switch or the gauge cluster? Thanks in advance.

Bills86e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Longbed
Push in the trip meter and hold, then turn key to the ON postion. You should see the tack & speedometer moving. After they stop, turn off and release TM post.
turn key to on, hold ten seconds, turn off the key, repeat this five times.
If this does not fix, then disconnect negative battery, then positive and tie them touching 8 hours. This resets the PCM. Then do the 5 times as the fix.

Jhon Matheew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apart from the fuses and instrument cluster, there are certain other parts you need to check like door switch control, Power module, wires in the door harness.

Might be you find the something fault in the above parts and helps you to get out of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517