LED Windshield Brackets - Wind Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

I have a set of CJC 50" brackets on my Ram, and the wind noise is driving me crazy!! I have watched videos and lurked on various forums, but none of the workarounds resolve the issue. I have now spent a small fortune at Home Depot on all of these DIY fixes.

As soon as I hit ~30 MPH, the wind noise sounds like it is coming through the door seal but I think it is actually from the light bar or bracket. If I drive without the light bar attached, the wind noise is minimal. It is definitely louder on the side where the power wire is. Things that I have tried:

- Car door molding over the fins.
- Door sweep molding on the top and bottom fins.
- LED light bar rubber fin isolators.
- Silicone over the end caps.
- Silicone in between the lower fins.
- Vinyl wrap over the CJC cut out in the brackets.
- Rubber and foam padding under the CJC cut out in the brackets.
- Foam insulation between the CJC brackets and the light bar.
- RTV under the brackets.
- Adjust the light bar angle to point up more.
- Tried putting weather stripping inside the door (on the body and not on the actual door).

It is almost unbearable at highway speeds. It is deafening even with the radio all the way up. It definitely is not the whistling sound that others report.

Is this just normal due to the lack of aerodynamics?

Thanks in advance.

coopejam000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have heard this issue multiple times there is a local company and a couple other forums ive seen about people using the rubber door sweeps to eliminate these noises check on YouTube for the videos and it will be a cheap fix and wont look bad if done right. :):crazy::crazy::superhack:

OP
OP
M

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to solve the issue. I put automotive weatherstripping from Home Depot on the door itself (novel idea, eh?). I placed it on the painted area between the two factory seals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357