Long wait for shipping from Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tozyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered this Regular Cab, short bed on April 23, 2022. It was built on August 17th but shipping is a problem from Mexico. The dealer said Ram has 25,000 trucks waiting to get shipped from Saltillo, Mexico.

Attachments

• Ram build.png
    Ram build.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 23

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Those might be waiting for computer chip(s).

I've read the lower tech chips are where the shortages are, the profits are lower.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered this Regular Cab, short bed on April 23, 2022. It was built on August 17th but shipping is a problem from Mexico. The dealer said Ram has 25,000 trucks waiting to get shipped from Saltillo, Mexico.
Welcome to the club. There are dozens and dozens (at least!) of posts like this across the Ram forums. Getting them from out of Mexico has been a big problem for several months now. Not much you can do about it though, unfortunately. There have been Rumors that Ram is going to do something about it, but the problem persists. Hope it gets shipped soon.

EDIT: Are the 1500 Classic's built in Mexico? I thought all the 1500's were built in the USA, but maybe that's only the 5th gen ones?

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I ordered a Classic Tradesman RCLB that was built in Mexico. I placed the order around 8/1/22 and received the truck on 9/1/22. I was surprised at how quickly I got the truck, as was the dealer.

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the club. There are dozens and dozens (at least!) of posts like this across the Ram forums. Getting them from out of Mexico has been a big problem for several months now. Not much you can do about it though, unfortunately. There have been Rumors that Ram is going to do something about it, but the problem persists. Hope it gets shipped soon.

EDIT: Are the 1500 Classic's built in Mexico? I thought all the 1500's were built in the USA, but maybe that's only the 5th gen ones?
No the 4th gen is still made in Warren Michigan

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

The regular cab shortboxes and HD are made in the Mexico plant.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Regular Cab 1500s are built in Saltillo Mexico
Regular Cabs are also used by 2500s, 3500s, 4500s, & 5500s

4th Generation 4 door Ram Classics are built in Warren, Michigan

5th Generation 4 door Rams, new body style, are built in Sterling Heights, Michigan

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4

I ordered a tradesman crew cab 6’4 box 4x4 hemi beginning of September and took delivery November 3rd, mine was made in Warren, MI. Has all of the bells and whistles to.

OP
OP
T

tozyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update: My dealer messaged me and said it got on the boat Nov. 28th shipping to Davisville, Rhode Island. His estimate is 1 week to get there and 2 weeks to clear through a customs check. Hopefully I will have it the end of December.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Cartel is not happy sharing water sources with the Ram plant. A buddy waited many months for his truck to show up. He was told the Cartel has been damaging train shipments of Rams in retaliation.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That’s cause Speedy Gonzales quit.. His cousin Slow Poke Rodriguez took over shipping ‍
Damn that was funny VR,lol. I miss the good old cartoons like Bugs Bunny / the Flintstones etc. :waytogo:

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I ordered a Classic Tradesman RCLB that was built in Mexico. I placed the order around 8/1/22 and received the truck on 9/1/22. I was surprised at how quickly I got the truck, as was the dealer.
Same here in '06. 32 days from Saltillo to Kellogg,Id. Dave Smith.