Looking for info from my virginia based RAM family members

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning all! Without getting to personal, ive reached a point where im considering leaving the fine state of maine. Ive always been interested in virginia, as its far enough away yet not to far at the same time. And it just being me and a dog a move wouldnt be all that intense, so tell me all about virginia. Whats life like there? How are the winters and weather? Wheres a good place to settle? Looking for more rural than city. Im big on my 2nd amendment, and in terms of career im a class A cdl driver, so with that work is usually everywhere. Thanks everyone!!

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in south central Virginia. About 2 to 4 hours from anything. We have pretty good gun laws. Only problem is our politics are controlled by the liberals in northern Virginia.
Winters are not to bad here. We get snow about 2 to 4 times a year and only about 3 inches at a time but it closes everything down. Temps get down to the teens at night for about 3 to 4 weeks then back to the high 20's. Daytime temps are around 40 during the winter.
Summers are HUMID with temps 90 to 100.

Rowdy Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not a bad state been in Richmond VA for about 30 years.many things to do. Summer is hot and humid. Taxes are on every thing..lol but car and truck property tax isn't bad. Housing market is going up fairly fast. School near me are good....we are a gun friendly state...one good thing is we have a divide of county and city both use separate government. Which means that your services are different your County taxes are lower for County versus City.