Looking for these headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Connector is different between factory equipped projector truck's and non projector truck's. Not sure if anyone is producing a projector to non projector adapter harness. I know alpharex makes them for their headlights but not sure if they'd sell them as a stand alone product. Couldn't hurt to ask

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why would you ever want to ditch your oem projectors for these junky headlights? You do realize that your light output will decrease by 50%-75% or more by removing your stock projectors and installing these. These are some of the worst lights on the market (Recon and Spyder brands)

ajs3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My son put Spec-D's on his truck back in February, lasted 3 weeks before one started filling with water. Don't waste your money.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My son put Spec-D's on his truck back in February, lasted 3 weeks before one started filling with water. Don't waste your money.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly. All of those brands are junk. Even the $1,300+ Morimoto XB headlights are complete trash and riddled with issues.

Here are the ONLY headlights worth buying:

OEM Quads/13+ Projectors
TYC/Depo OEM Replica Housings
AlphaRex (also known as ModifyStreet)
RetroShop.us Custom Retrofit

The ONLY eBay/Amazon headlights worth buying are the oem replica Quads that sell for $110-$140. They are sold under a ton of different brand names but all come from the same manufacturer and they are pretty decent if you throw an extra bead of silicone sealent on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my 2010 quads with a set of the Amazon cheapos but most don't have the adjuster screw in the factory location.
Autosaver88 has a hexdrive plastic screw in the right spot.
I won't get a set that requires repeated install/remove to access a rear-mounted adjuster.

If I upgrade I'm looking at these, which include an adapter harness with resistor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089ZZNWFS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GqNuFbMS7QG0T

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm looking to replace my 2010 quads with a set of the Amazon cheapos but most don't have the adjuster screw in the factory location.
Autosaver88 has a hexdrive plastic screw in the right spot.
I won't get a set that requires repeated install/remove to access a rear-mounted adjuster.

If I upgrade I'm looking at these, which include an adapter harness with resistor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089ZZNWFS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GqNuFbMS7QG0T

If you are getting that style, either get the TYC replicas or go with the AlphaRex version (sold as ModifyStreet). The AR version has the best led boards and best projectors on the market. The other brands are not as good and the AR are the same price.

They are sold under the brand ModifyStreet on Amazon and eBay.

Modifystreet Black For 09-18 Ram 1500/10-18 Ram 2500/3500 Dual/Quad Projector Headlights Upgrade Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VFXCRX6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CKRuFbFJHVCAS

And they also come with the adapter for the dual/quad trucks.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looked at them but they have rear adjusters, as do all the Modifystreet models.
I want to adjust them after installing, not during.
It may be a small issue to others but not to me, and I won't spend money for something that's 'almost' what I want.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It may be a small issue to others but not to me, and I won't spend money for something that's 'almost' what I want.
I know the 2019+ style gen 1 alpharex projectors can be adjusted through the OEM adjustment hole. Those look the same. Just use a Phillips screw driver. There is a guide that guides it down so the screwdriver engages the teeth on the gear. You don’t have to remove them.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I Have no clue what you are talking about because these are adjustable from above, through the OEM adjustment hole.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

You see the adjuster? See how it has "teeth" around the ring of it? When you put a screwdriver down through the OEM hole in the fender, a phillips screwdriver, it sits inside those teeth on the top (there is a half circle shape the shaft of the screw driver sits against, and you can adjust them. My AlphaRex lights have the exact same adjuster and i adjusted mine multiple times from above.

The phillips head bolt you see sticking out the back of the adjuster is what you turn to remove the adjuster from the housing. It's not meant to actually adjust the headlights. That part is meant to be done from the OEM fender hole.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. The pic is misleading and some reviews mention having to adjust from the rear.
Wondering which system is better, using a screwdriver on a plastic toothed wheel or the metal screw setup on the Amerilites.
Plus the Amerilites use my existing HID lows & LED highs, I'd have to buy new ones for the ARs.
Plusses/minuses for both...

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for clarifying that. The pic is misleading and some reviews mention having to adjust from the rear.
Wondering which system is better, using a screwdriver on a plastic toothed wheel or the metal screw setup on the Amerilites.
Plus the Amerilites use my existing HID lows & LED highs, I'd have to buy new ones for the ARs.
Plusses/minuses for both...

I am not familiar with the other brand, I just have personal experience with the AR units and I know a bunch of other members on here run them and have no complaints. Plus the projector in the AR is really good.

What bulbs does the other brand use that they match what you currently have? I was under the impression that all aftermarket oem replica projectors used H7 projectors.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had a set of Spec-D headlights too, the lens began to peel and flake after less than two years, just my 2 cents.

Kevin

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the other brand, I just have personal experience with the AR units and I know a bunch of other members on here run them and have no complaints. Plus the projector in the AR is really good.

What bulbs does the other brand use that they match what you currently have? I was under the impression that all aftermarket oem replica projectors used H7 projectors.

The Amerilites use H9(same as H11) low & 9005 high. The main difference I see is that AR wires to a fuse tap for the DRLs so they're always on whereas the Amerilites tap into the parking lights for theirs. Means no DRLs unless parking lights are on. Not a biggie for me.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ve had a set of Spec-D headlights too, the lens began to peel and flake after less than two years, just my 2 cents.

Kevin

See... that was the whole point of my reply. I was trying to warn the OP that all of those aftermarket brands are just the biggest pieces of junk and he would be literally throwing his money away by buying them.

Brands to run away from:
- Spyder
- Recon
- Spec-D
- Anzo
- Alpha Owls
- Morimoto

I’m sure I am forgetting a few brands and of course this only applies to headlights. Spyder and Recon make some really decent tail lights.

The Amerilites use H9(same as H11) low & 9005 high. The main difference I see is that AR wires to a fuse tap for the DRLs so they're always on whereas the Amerilites tap into the parking lights for theirs. Means no DRLs unless parking lights are on. Not a biggie for me.

There are many differences between those 2 sets. The main differences being that the AR projectors are actually really decent for the price range of the headlights. The plastic housing and front lens are twice as thick and stronger on the AR headlights.

And of course AR has amazing customer service and making a warranty claim on a broken housing or getting a replacement housing or part sent to you is super easy and not a hassle like some other company’s **cough** TheRetrofitSource **cough**

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
@OnSale I consider you an expert on our headlights and value your opinions.
Since I'm happy with my current quad reflectors with HID lows/LED highs except for the 10 yr old lenses this is more an aesthetic change than a needed upgrade. I figure saving $50-$75 on new bulbs for an experiment in looks can't hurt. Any light I choose I'll seal up either way, looking for the cheapest way to try projectors.

Actually considering getting the Modifystreet jet black quad reflector housings for only $120, dropping my bulbs in and be done with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQ22KF5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zs6uFbWS25369

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See... that was the whole point of my reply. I was trying to warn the OP that all of those aftermarket brands are just the biggest pieces of junk and he would be literally throwing his money away by buying them.

Brands to run away from:
- Spyder
- Recon
- Spec-D
- Anzo
- Alpha Owls
- Morimoto

I’m sure I am forgetting a few brands and of course this only applies to headlights. Spyder and Recon make some really decent tail lights.

There are many differences between those 2 sets. The main differences being that the AR projectors are actually really decent for the price range of the headlights. The plastic housing and front lens are twice as thick and stronger on the AR headlights.

And of course AR has amazing customer service and making a warranty claim on a broken housing or getting a replacement housing or part sent to you is super easy and not a hassle like some other company’s **cough** TheRetrofitSource **cough**

Yea, I just replaced a set of my Spec-D headlights I bought in 2017 for $100 a pair. Went through this with my other vehicle too, I ended up buying almost new OEM headlights for less than $200 shipped, I’m not big on getting UFO style headlights, the OEM is fine for me.

Kevin

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
@OnSale I consider you an expert on our headlights and value your opinions.
Since I'm happy with my current quad reflectors with HID lows/LED highs except for the 10 yr old lenses this is more an aesthetic change than a needed upgrade. I figure saving $50-$75 on new bulbs for an experiment in looks can't hurt. Any light I choose I'll seal up either way, looking for the cheapest way to try projectors.

Actually considering getting the Modifystreet jet black quad reflector housings for only $120, dropping my bulbs in and be done with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQ22KF5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zs6uFbWS25369

Thanks bud lol... I use to enjoy building lights for people but it became so stressful with how toxic the community is and everyone hates on everyone else’s work and it’s just constant negative energy’s so I decided to stop taking orders about 3 weeks ago now.

Anyways, the ModifyStreet replica OEM Quads are really good replacements. Actually any of the replica OEM Quads that cost $108-$135 are really decent quality since it’s a reflector housing so it’s hard to mess that up compared to a housing having a cheap projector. When I was still taking new orders I was using the OEM replica quads for the customer builds since we were opening them anyways so they would get a proper seal. I have nothing but positive things to say about the Replica OEM Quads sold by ModifyStreet & Other Brands.

Yea, I just replaced a set of my Spec-D headlights I bought in 2017 for $100 a pair. Went through this with my other vehicle too, I ended up buying almost new OEM headlights for less than $200 shipped, I’m not big on getting UFO style headlights, the OEM is fine for me.

Kevin

Yea. Most of these aftermarket company’s don’t realize how important the projector is and they buy the cheapest one they can to cut corners and save money. They also cheap out on the lense and it ends up chipping and falling off the clear coat.

The ONLY time buying one of those brands headlights is if you plan to immediately open them up and retrofit the projectors with some Morimoto projectors and swap out the led boards for some better led’s and pretty much replace all the internals except for the inner bezels and the DRL lenses. In that case, they are worth it for the looks if that’s what you want.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990