Love my 4th Gen. Sports , thinking of keeping it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Our lease for our 4th Gen. 2017 Quad/6'4" Sports is up in next month and thinking of buying it out and turning it around and just selling it privately. I love this truck but we just got new 5th gen. This trucks been well taken care of, it well maintained, super clean. I was so hoping to keep it but wife wont let me. I see these trucks for sale online around 29-35k. I was wondering what you guys think? I have pretty decent equity on this truck. Do you guys think it will be easy to sell? just curious what's your .2 ty

2017 1500 RWD Quad/LB White Sports
43xxx miles
Afe Wet intake
ARE Z Series Cap with auto locks, 2 LED
Skype_Picture_2020_01_06T21_15_46_112Z.jpeg Magnaflow CatBk Exhaust
Weather Tech Floorliner (orignal mats also vailable)
Navi
Leather and all the goo' sports packaged

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If you can handle the financial risk of owning two Ram trucks, then go for it.

If not why take the risk, unless you just want to keep it

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just be careful, they may list for 29-35 but what are the actually getting? Both are nice trucks though.
Just keep the 17. Tell the little woman that you need something to drive when your 5th gen goes in for an oil change... :D

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I would have never bought a 5th Gen with a perfectly good 4th Gen on hand, but hey, to each their own. At this juncture you’d probably get better piece of mind having Carmax give you a cash quote, add a few grand for private sale, then sell quick if you’re still in the green. If not, then turn it in.

I’ve known a couple of people who leased and thought they could buy theirs for what they owed. When they put pencil to paper at the dealer they ended up dumping and buying new. The dealer wanted what the vehicles retailed for, so it wasn’t worth it anymore.

Last edited:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let the lease run out on the '17 and just keep the new Ram.
I think if you try to sell the '17, you'll have the burden of trying to unload it and try to get a decent price for it. That's just my opinion.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Hendrix De Leon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just be careful, they may list for 29-35 but what are the actually getting? Both are nice trucks though.
Just keep the 17. Tell the little woman that you need something to drive when your 5th gen goes in for an oil change... :D

haaha she prob will drive the 4th gen vs her van lol.
we're actually thinking if we purchase it, maybe sell it for $24 or so.

OP
OP
Hendrix De Leon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Let the lease run out on the '17 and just keep the new Ram.
I think if you try to sell the '17, you'll have the burden of trying to unload it and try to get a decent price for it. That's just my opinion.
Good luck.
yeah thats what I'm scared off. Esp with the crazy deals they had/have.

OP
OP
Hendrix De Leon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would have never bought a 5th Gen with a perfectly good 4th Gen on hand, but hey, to each their own. At this juncture you’d probably get better piece of mind having Carmax give you a cash quote, add a few grand for private sale, then sell quick if you’re still in the green. If not, then turn it in.

I’ve known a couple of people who leased and thought they could buy theirs for what they owed. When they put pencil to paper at the dealer they ended up dumping and buying new. The dealer wanted what the vehicles retailed for, so it wasn’t worth it anymore.

my 4th was a lease. Original planned on buying it. But now wife wants another kid and the back seat just aint doing it for her so that why we got the 5th. My buy out on my 4th is pretty good and this is why I'm thinking of buying it and re-selling it for some extra cash for my new 5th parts thats coming lmao!

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
my 4th was a lease. Original planned on buying it. But now wife wants another kid and the back seat just aint doing it for her so that why we got the 5th. My buy out on my 4th is pretty good and this is why I'm thinking of buying it and re-selling it for some extra cash for my new 5th parts thats coming lmao!

Gotcha, you went from a quad to a crew. Assuming you are shooting for a third kid, the extra leg space and flat floor makes it easier to reach the center seat.

OP
OP
Hendrix De Leon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Gotcha, you went from a quad to a crew. Assuming you are shooting for a third kid, the extra leg space and flat floor makes it easier to reach the center seat.
Yeah the new crew cab so much more room. Wife loves it but now she saying she cant reach the baby. She has to "toss" her stuff lmao!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should just kept the 4th gen to me 5th gens are ugly and look cheaply made hell they are starting to look like toyotas or some **** lmao could never see myself owning one guna own ma 4th gen til the wheels rot off:D.

BTW in your picture could just be me but if you look at your new truck drivers side front bumper looks like it has a weird gap like bumper not sitting right?

Last edited: