Low Voltage on single fog light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RideTheSquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys - I have recently upgraded my fog lights to LED and they are amazing. However, one side stopped working. So I thought it may have been an led lamp. I got a replacement (like a fool without checking the other side) and plugged it in; nothing happened.

Then I swapped sides and it functioned normally. I got my meter out and tested the voltage; I have 11.99 at the working side and 10.27 at the non-functioning side. Before I go much farther into what to do I'm looking for pointers. The contacts do seem slightly corroded; there's not a whole lot of extra wire down there so I'm hesitant to start cutting off connectors and attaching new ones; especially if it may be an issue somewhere else.

With all that said; anybody have this issue before and if so what was the resolution?

Thanks!

SAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys - I have recently upgraded my fog lights to LED and they are amazing. However, one side stopped working. So I thought it may have been an led lamp. I got a replacement (like a fool without checking the other side) and plugged it in; nothing happened.

Then I swapped sides and it functioned normally. I got my meter out and tested the voltage; I have 11.99 at the working side and 10.27 at the non-functioning side. Before I go much farther into what to do I'm looking for pointers. The contacts do seem slightly corroded; there's not a whole lot of extra wire down there so I'm hesitant to start cutting off connectors and attaching new ones; especially if it may be an issue somewhere else.

With all that said; anybody have this issue before and if so what was the resolution?

Thanks!

Did you ever solve this? I have same exact problem on my 2014 ram Sport.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a canbus system you have to install resistors with LED’s or yes one fog will drop out usually the passenger side.

SAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you ever solve this? I have same exact problem on my 2014 ram Sport.

Traced the harness from the passenger side to the drivers side, found a slice in one of the 2 wires, repaired it and now the fog light works again.