MOD help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, my name is Danny. I am new to these forums and am seeking help from fellow Dodge owners. Currently i own a completely stock 2007 4.7L Big Horn with 52,000 miles. The truck is in great shape and runs good and i want to make it better. I've seen several threads about 4.7 but i wanted to start a new one (hopefully i posted in the right place) so i could get some good ideas of where to start and what to install/purchase. I want to get the best i can out of the truck without making mods that overtime will cause damage to any stock components.

Things i am interested in are for one an exhaust system. I want one that sounds good. I've read alot over different sites and everyone has a different opinion on what is best. I want something that has a great sound and has potential for the most gains if any. I've also been looking at some K&N CAI, i even seen a website with a discussion about superchargers but that might be a bit extreme at least for me for the time being. I've also seen alot of threads that just say pull the engine and put a Hemi in. :p Thats pretty well out of the question. I've also read about programmers/chips which my knowledge is very limited on and until i know more would be afraid to use cause of said lack of knowledge.

So please help any suggestions, even outside of what i have discussed i would like to hear. Looking forward to some good feedback.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Welcome to RamForum!

CAI and exhaust is a good place to start out. plus tuners are a really good way to maximize your power or mpg output... the best thing about tuners is that most of them all have preset tunes, which you can choose until you get better with what to change yourself. then you can upgrade to a customizable tuner and adjust the settings to your liking. there are many threads on this site about which tuners are best and I'm sure you'll wind up getting one sooner than you think!

For the 4.7... I would recommend a flowmaster 40 series cat back. I got it on my truck and I love it and have no issues with it... best part is I installed it in a matter of a few hours! so you can save a buck or two by doing it yourself. some people complain they have a lot of droning... not me! I don't mind the sound at all, and barely even notice any droning. thers my .02!

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You happen to have any video of what your exhaust sounds like?

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any other good advice??

NHDuckHunter8003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
I have a 5.7 but I have the jones single chamber race muffler and I love it. I also just installed a set of shorty headers that gave me some more power and a significantly better MPG. Depending on the status of your truck, I would go through it and do a full tune up, plugs, wires, and clean the throttle body.

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any opinions on the best CAI for a 4.7?