My LED solutions for a 2010 - Part 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I tried swapping my headlight bulbs for the "xenon white" upgrade halogens, and guess what?
Not much better than the regulars that were in it.
Started doing my research, didn't want HIDs, watched videos & read reviews about LEDs.

Decided on Cougar Motor 3.0 Gold series H11s and 9005s with built-in fans & CANBUS safe.
Also chose their 9145s for the fogs which don't have fans but are also CANBUS safe.
All are 6500k true white light & being from the same mfg. all have the same look.

WSZcQRI.jpg

Install was plug'n'play and the Golds fit under the dust caps with room to spare.
They're way brighter than halogens, and no dead spots or adjustments needed.

Lows and fogs:
dvt26LE.jpg

Lows and highs:
zFR8Lzd.jpg

Since a 2010 doesn't come with DRLs and I didn't want to buy housings with them built-in, I created my own setup. Went to Autozone and got a pair of 6-LED light bars similar to these:
https://www.autozone.com/exterior-lighting/light-bar/blazer-7-in-single-row-light-bar/181924_0_0
They were $40 each and are solid aluminum & heavy!

I still sealed the seams with silicone to be sure, then jury-rigged some 'brackets' and mounted them inside the grille with spacers to level them:
XEjJNVH.jpg
EwT6pQy.jpg
4CwlwYk.jpg

Found a little spot for a switch (so I can shut them off at inspection) and wired it all direct to the positive terminal (w/inline fuse of course)
KmqPJDe.jpg

Part 2 of my LED journey will be taillights, bed lights & interior accents.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks great ... Been look for just that sort of setup for my 2012 Sport ... How do they look on the road ? Anybody flashin brights at ya ? Would luv to find a simple way to keep fogs on with high beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
They're brighter than the headlights! No flashing yet from other drivers, that may change after the 2" rear drop though. :D
They shine farther out than the high beams too.
After two sets of the $25/pair ones that both leaked I got good ones.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mind if I ask where you got em ... I can only find the H11’s on Amazon ... Also, were the 9145 fogs the 3.0 Gold as well ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Got them on Amazon.
H11 Gold, H3/9005 Gold, H10/9145 Cree black ones for fogs.
The fogs are 60w/5000k but are as bright as the others. No fans on the fogs.