** Need help with the following. **

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan colon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning/afternoon to anyone reading this.

I need help with the following. I recently added Texas speed long tube headers and AWE full exhaust in. The long tube headers were rubbing against the aluminum transmission heater lines ( the lines that carry coolant to the heat exchanger ) and cause a leak. Now I got to replace the aluminum hose.

1. How hard is it going to be to remove? By the looks of it. It goes over the transmission and to the heater. Pretty tight.
2. What’s the part number ? I’ve check all over online and I can’t seem to find it.

I feel like it’s going to be a mission to install.

Attached you will see some pictures. I’ll try to attach betting pictures tomorrow morning. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 40

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Getting them out is easy, just cut as needed. Pay attention to where they are routed, so when re-installing you know where to push them through. Put some tape over the ends to prevent dirt, etc., from getting into them. I didn't pay attention to mine, but it seems like there's plenty of room under there, shouldn't be too bad.
I see rockauto has them, not bad prices either.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Getting them out is easy, just cut as needed. Pay attention to where they are routed, so when re-installing you know where to push them through. Put some tape over the ends to prevent dirt, etc., from getting into them. I didn't pay attention to mine, but it seems like there's plenty of room under there, shouldn't be too bad.
I see rockauto has them, not bad prices either.
He's trying to replace the coolant lines on his 8 speed,they aren't easy to replace with-out basically dropping the transmission,even unbolting the crossmember and lowering the transmission till the engine hits the firewall doesn't really give you enough room to get them out.
Being as he's in Florida,he could get away with deleting the lines and the thermal management unit off the side of his 8 speed,and then converting the truck back to the 5/6 speed molded heater hoses,bypassing the 3 way valve that those coolant lines tie to

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If they are that difficult to remove... What about cutting at the hole and using a compression union or if an oddball size a flared union fitting?
He's in Florida,so he doesn't really need the thermal unit. All it does is heat the transmission fluid.The cars and HD trucks don't use it,and they work perfectly fine with-out pre-heating the transmission fluid.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild one , you said rev max sells a bypass kit ?
Track down Caulk04 on here for one of his bypasses,it's a superior set-up to the overpriced Revmax kit.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He's trying to replace the coolant lines on his 8 speed,they aren't easy to replace with-out basically dropping the transmission,even unbolting the crossmember and lowering the transmission till the engine hits the firewall doesn't really give you enough room to get them out.
Being as he's in Florida,he could get away with deleting the lines and the thermal management unit off the side of his 8 speed,and then converting the truck back to the 5/6 speed molded heater hoses,bypassing the 3 way valve that those coolant lines tie to
Sorry, my mistake. I was just going by my truck, it looks much simpler.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry, my mistake. I was just going by my truck, it looks much simpler.
In regards to coolant lines your truck is simpler,lol.I got rid of the transmission and 3 way valve coolant lines on my truck,and converted it back to the simpler heater hose set-up like your truck has.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan colon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update for you all. I want to give a thanks to Wildone for the help. I ended up removing the heater and did a bypass.

Since then I’ve been driving my truck and no problems. I have noticed when I first start it the transmission shifts are not the smoothest but nothing to be worried about. Transmission temp doesn’t go higher the. 160-175 too.