Need info on offset choices: wheel or spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
As title says, Im looking for what would be the best option here. I want to keep my OEM look; however I have the chrome rims. I have found a set of the black powder coated OEM rims for $500, but I want my tires offset 2". What would the healthier option be for a brand new truck? I mean are wheel spacers actually safe for ever day driving, hauling, off roading, etc? Id like to get this look without having to buy $2k worth of rims...Im trying to budget a 6" lift (or bagged preferably) to follow on along some more aggressive tires and kinda like to see that money allocated there instead. Also, on a very similar subject, would this help me get 35" tires (without the lift) and prevent rubbing? Im interested in keeping the resale value high and dont want to make too much of a loss financially.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What's the offset of the black rims?

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
If you're serious about resale value than just let it be a garage queen. Are you looking to make a show piece or are you actually going to use your truck as a legit off roader? While not budget friendly, it's better to have the offset you're looking for built into the wheels(SOLID) as opposed to using spacers(multiple pieces, double the studs, added weak points). If you want to cheap out and just want the tough LOOK, go with the spacers. They'll be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What's the offset of the black rims?
They're OEM, so I assume its +19? To clarify, Im interested in the OEM look. If there are OEM rims that have a 2" offset, Id like to find a set if possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you're serious about resale value than just let it be a garage queen. Are you looking to make a show piece or are you actually going to use your truck as a legit off roader? While not budget friendly, it's better to have the offset you're looking for built into the wheels(SOLID) as opposed to using spacers(multiple pieces, double the studs, added weak points). If you want to cheap out and just want the tough LOOK, go with the spacers. They'll be fine.
Im not going to be driving it much; its basically me getting my money into equity plus I needed a new ride for the time being. This isnt the truck I want, but yeah. No off-roading, but I want it to be off-road capable.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Also, on a very similar subject, would this help me get 35" tires (without the lift) and prevent rubbing? Im interested in keeping the resale value high and dont want to make too much of a loss financially.
If anything, the spacer offset is likely to hurt tire clearance if you're wanting larger tires. You'd need a lift in either case if you're going with 35's.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah thats kinda what Im trying to reallocate the money for. Id rather that money go into a decent lift kit than new rims, especially since Im going to have a hard enough time trying to resell my current rims.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok just another couple questions and an update. I just got a set of OEM Sport rims from another Ram owner (black 5 spokes) and put Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305/50/20 on them. Tires stick out of the wheel well by about a half inch, so Im going to put a small 1" spacer behind the wheels. Also got a 2" leveling kit on top of the struts now. I want to do an airbag suspension instead, that way I can lift and drop the truck whenever I want to. Im torn between a suspension upgrade and the airbag kit though...what would be the better option? Both upgrades sound like they would be just as expensive as the other. Other question - what are some good wheel spacers to get for the truck? Something that wont break the bank, but still worth every penny to get. Ive been looking, but I see a lot of stuff out there that looks nice but cost an arm.99 for a pair, and Im needing 4.

Attachments

• 20221026_154525.jpg
    20221026_154525.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221026_154538.jpg
    20221026_154538.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 15

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I don't get the tires sticking out look, especially throwing rocks and mud up the side of the truck and at other cars but hey, it's yours.
The only spacers I'd trust are Bora Wheel Spacers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I don't get the tires sticking out look, especially throwing rocks and mud up the side of the truck and at other cars but hey, it's yours.
The only spacers I'd trust are Bora Wheel Spacers.
Bora spacers is what to get ... I don't trust others at all, I don't even trust spacers period, but Boras I have had on other vehicles in the past ...

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
awesome, thanks!
As for the actual need for spacers, Im not going too far overboard with them. Ordered some 1" spacers. First off, Im putting fender flares on my truck soon. Tires that stick inside the wheel wells look silly to me; I did that with my 2016 Ram a few years ago and I thought it looked idiotic as none of the lines looked right. Im going with Air Design offroad package - fender flares, rocker panels, tailgate panel...the works. I got the leveling kit installed today, but next week Im going to price out an air ride suspension install. Really liking how its looking and driving so far.

https://www.americantrucks.com/air-...it-with-fender-vents-unpainted-ch07d99pr.html

Attachments

• 20221028_181826.jpg
    20221028_181826.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221028_181851.jpg
    20221028_181851.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members