New guy from Texas (originally MN)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Swanberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello all,

Figured I should join as I end up coming here often via google search.

Name is Josh and I live in East Texas. I have a 2015 Ram QC 4x4 6.4' bed. Express option. 3.55 LSD rear. 5.7 6 speed -45 t-case of course.

Bought it new and it currently has 101,*** on it. As the warranty is now expired I'll be modifying and upgrading the truck further over the next few weeks.

Currently the truck has been really reliable. Oil changes and a trans fluid change at around 55k. I recently replaced the battery and spark plugs right at 100k. Still on oem brakes/suspension. 3rd set of tires (2nd set of aftermarket). I've driven it from MN to Florida and from TX to Wisconsin (and back) towing trailers; no issues whatsoever.

When I bought it I added a lund tonneau cover, K&N air filter, airlift helper air bags, nerf bars, rear backup lights, and a front light bar. That was all done in the first thousand miles or so and the truck has performed great with it over the past 5+ years and 100k.

I was going to trade it in for a 2021....but the increases/options do not outweigh the price difference in what I have into this Express...Instead I'll just buy a 3500 DRW truck for the farm in a few years when I need it for the bigger trailers.

Thus I decided to do some upgrades to this truck and make it a better daily driver. Here we go.

Stuff here to install and on the way:

My brake pads are finally getting visibly down there. No squeaking yet but it's about time. Going to be doing brakes/suspension upgrades next weekend.

Brakes all around (Powerstop K2164-36). This is the Z36 kit "severe duty brake/tow". I'll do a fluid change as well with some good dot 4 stuff, I use Motul 600 in most of my cars; truck doesn't need that heavy duty of a brake fluid but I probably have enough extra in the garage/shop.

Suspension going on:
Ramcho Quick Lift Loaded Struts (front)
Mevotech MS upper control arms
SuspensionMaxx SMX-1300L sway bar front end links
Rancho RS9000xl rear shocks

That should level the truck out nicely and the rear shocks should compliment my rear air bags. I haven't installed my on board air compressor system yet; should do that in the next few weeks as well so I can inflate/deflate the bags easier. Currently I have a fill at the back bumper and leave them around 15-20psi.

The rest of the maintenance in the coming weeks will be drivetrain fluid changes and most likely an aftermarket transmission pan for additional capacity. Coolant looks good, plugs are fresh, I'll toss on a new serpentine belt I have here when I do the mechanical work next week.

For the interior the 5.0 u connect has served me well but I'm tired of having my phone on my gauge cluster (basic EVIC system), so all that is getting upgraded.

First I need to move my switch panel from my home made center console to the dash so I can make room for a center console (Anyone want to buy a jump seat?)

When I'm putting in the center console I'll be wiring in a JVC KW-M750BT with all adapters to make everything functional (Maestro Idatalink). Also have a premium EVIC coming that should be here Wednesday. Finally adding that upper glove box I've wanted for months. While I'm in there I'll toss in the LED glove box light and a cabin air filter kit. Alpha OBD will allow me to program items.

Future wish list:
Power/heated seats in Leather
Power tow mirrors

I figure in the end I'm making my truck "new" for me again and I'll throw another 100k on it. This is the daily/tow rig so it spends most of it's time shuttling me to the store for ranch/building supplies or off to fishing tournaments. When not doing that it's towing either race car (C5 Corvette or Stealth Turbo) or my 3025E tractor.

I'll be posting how-to's with video links to give back to some of the stuff I've found; plus I like to document the journey.

Pictures are as it sits now with 101.5k on it. Rear bumper was added 3 years ago. When we bought the house I backed the ram into the car port (first attempt!).

ram side shot pre mods.jpg

ram rear shot.jpg

ram interior shot.jpg

ram front shot.jpg

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Welcome! Nice looking truck!

Rado