new to dodge learning alot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawman dj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello all,1st post so bear with me. bought 2002 with 4.7 with new engine, bought truck 12-23-12. i have replaced cloth interor with leather from leather seats.com, changed all ball joints, tie rods, all bushings, front brakes & rotors,rear brakes, turned rear rotors (warped bad), changed ac condeser fan , replaced purge sensor, lined interior with sound deadning mat, new gasket on rear end & oil, put new shocks on (monroes), had new ones on when i bought it, but was to stiif, changed fluid & filters in trans, steam washed carpet, power wash undercarrige, repainted top of hood & cab, replaced one clamp on power steering hose, replaced brake fluid, replaced head lights, truck body has 147000 mi, all parts bought from rockauto, and all labor was done by me, paint from orielly's, aliment done local shop, bought truck cheap to play with, has been best truck i have ever bought, sold 2009 chevy just before buying this dodge.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you've been busy! Any plans to put some mods on your list? Would love to see pics!

campbellmc73

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 1500 Quad Cab SLT
Engine
4.7L V8
Damn, can I drop off my 04 ram to ya? haha
this is my first Ram also and in the same boat of learning a lot.
I am going to have to replace the valve body in the tranny I think.
already put new Heads, complete tune up on it.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
hello all,1st post so bear with me. bought 2002 with 4.7 with new engine, bought truck 12-23-12. i have replaced cloth interor with leather from leather seats.com, changed all ball joints, tie rods, all bushings, front brakes & rotors,rear brakes, turned rear rotors (warped bad), changed ac condeser fan , replaced purge sensor, lined interior with sound deadning mat, new gasket on rear end & oil, put new shocks on (monroes), had new ones on when i bought it, but was to stiif, changed fluid & filters in trans, steam washed carpet, power wash undercarrige, repainted top of hood & cab, replaced one clamp on power steering hose, replaced brake fluid, replaced head lights, truck body has 147000 mi, all parts bought from rockauto, and all labor was done by me, paint from orielly's, aliment done local shop, bought truck cheap to play with, has been best truck i have ever bought, sold 2009 chevy just before buying this dodge.

Sounds like the seller paid YOU!!......lol, good luck with it and welcome to the world of RAM!!:grd:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Welcome. First mod you can do is change the TCM and get you that extra OD gear. Unless someone did it already, the 02 will only have a 45RFE.

devans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. First mod you can do is change the TCM and get you that extra OD gear. Unless someone did it already, the 02 will only have a 45RFE.

I did this mod to mine and I like it a lot. Plus it was cheap and easy.
And to the OP welcome to the Ram side of life.