Oil in coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyb2966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello I have 2012 ram bighorn 5.7 hemi. Recently I have oil in coolant and in reservoir and radiator. I don’t know what happened oil was just about empty on dipstick. Someone suggested oil cooler bursted. I have know idea if that is possible or where it is to look. Any help is appreciated

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello I have 2012 ram bighorn 5.7 hemi. Recently I have oil in coolant and in reservoir and radiator. I don’t know what happened oil was just about empty on dipstick. Someone suggested oil cooler bursted. I have know idea if that is possible or where it is to look. Any help is appreciated
Your truck doesn't have an oil cooler,they didn't start putting them on the 5.7's till about 2017

OP
OP
J

Johnnyb2966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes very milky like choc milk Nevver was this color before. Always green oil was changed around thanksgiving. Like I said the dipstick was pretty dry. So something bad must have happened

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes very milky like choc milk Nevver was this color before. Always green oil was changed around thanksgiving. Like I said the dipstick was pretty dry. So something bad must have happened
Not sure what "green oil" means. By chance you haven't over heated it lately have you?

OP
OP
J

Johnnyb2966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m sorry. What I’m saying is the antifreeze was always good in color. Now it’s all milky real bad In radiator and the resovoir tank also. All coolant is mixed with oil

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m sorry. What I’m saying is the antifreeze was always good in color. Now it’s all milky real bad In radiator and the resovoir tank also. All coolant is mixed with oil
Sounds like you overheated it,if so there might be a chance you warped a head.Find somebody who can pressure test the cooling system and see if you can hear or see any leaks .

Also wouldn't hurt to pull the plugs and check them over for abnormal looking colour on the plug end