Over the counter paint match to Bright White

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helmdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hi all, new member here. Does anyone know of an over the counter oil based enamel/poly paint that closely matches the bright white?

I just took delivery of a 2021 Ram 5500 Cab Chassis. I've picked up a used flat bed outfitted with 5th wheel. I want to paint it without spending a fortune, so I was hoping one of the premix paints might be close. Rust-oleum, Interlux, Pettit, etc. Something I can just brush or roll on.

Thanks,
Joe

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Bright White, Solid
PW7, GW7
Akzo: RAM88:GW7

TOUCH UP PAINT FOR CHRYSLER / DODGE/ JEEP / RAM COLOR CODE PW7 or GW7. Also known as Bright White, North Star White or White Knuckle.

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new member here. Does anyone know of an over the counter oil based enamel/poly paint that closely matches the bright white?

I just took delivery of a 2021 Ram 5500 Cab Chassis. I've picked up a used flat bed outfitted with 5th wheel. I want to paint it without spending a fortune, so I was hoping one of the premix paints might be close. Rust-oleum, Interlux, Pettit, etc. Something I can just brush or roll on.

Thanks,
Joe
I went to my local paint store last year and ordered a qt of bright white PW7 in enamel to repaint my tailgate and I must say it wasn't a perfect match but it was close enough to where nobody but me noticed it but honestly I wouldn't expect as good out of a spray bomb. Good luck!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
In the paint computer at work, there are 11 (11!) different variants of PW7.

OP
OP
H

helmdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Okay, so PW7 is a commonly known paint code. That's great to know.

there are 11 (11!) different variants of PW7

Booms, while that isn't ideal. I just wanted to make sure it was close, and I wasn't going to get an off or antique white. Hopefully the variants are close enough.

Thanks all.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
NAPA at one time had a mix on order spray cans.
My local NAPA still offers this. It's convenient for small jobs but would be expensive for something like the OP is wanting it for. Would be cheaper to buy it by the quart or gallon for bigger jobs.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes has been creating classic colors for restored hot rods and muscle cars for decades. To take their expertise to a new level, they introduced the Rod & Restoration Color Collection. Perfect for body shops looking to take on specialty restoration or custom work and the weekend car enthusiast. The Rod & Restoration Color Collection provides three dynamic color categories to choose from: Exact Match OE Classic, Barrett-Jackson Modified Muscle Car and Rod & Custom.

Last edited:

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
try automotive touch up, I have used them for years and always have had a perfect match, no matter if it is spray or can of the paint.