Plasti-Dipped My rims and badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the badges look good. I plasti dipped them on my 2011. Only sucks come time to polish and wax the truck

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I highly recommend de-badging the doors and fender. Makes waxing a breeze! Looks great though!!

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I’ve always wanted to do my rims. The only thing stopping me is tire shine. When I wash the truck I usually apply some sort of tire shine. From what I’ve read is that most of tire shine out there will actually eat away at the plastidip. I’m talking about those spray on ones, foam or no foam ones. The ones that you kind of spray on and let dry

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Looking to take on this task shortly myself, well at least the badges. Glad to see some great motivation to do it!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I planned on doing this for 6 months or so, then decided to just buy them.

I was suppppper paranoid that the front grill emblem would peal from bug guts/cleaning and I would have to peel it off and respray it all the fooqn time.

Then I cut some vinly inlays to sit inside the actual decals, and that ultimately made me just buy blackedout ones.

Now i want to spray my ecodiesel emblem black - since i cant buy it and its on the side of the truck so it wont kill as many bugs and be hard to clean.

OP
OP
Kenster_66

Kenster_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I’ve always wanted to do my rims. The only thing stopping me is tire shine. When I wash the truck I usually apply some sort of tire shine. From what I’ve read is that most of tire shine out there will actually eat away at the plastidip. I’m talking about those spray on ones, foam or no foam ones. The ones that you kind of spray on and let dry

You can make a 20" circle shield type thing to hold over the rims, while you spray the tire

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8

You can make a 20" circle shield type thing to hold over the rims, while you spray the tire
Yeah I guess. But I would need to make 4 of them. Then I would have to leave them on somehow while the tire shine dries so it doesn’t drip down onto the rims. Again this is probably the reason I’m not doing it

VinceOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow! Looks awesome! Love the color of the truck and the rims came out great. How long did it take you to do the rims? How many coats?

OP
OP
Kenster_66

Kenster_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow! Looks awesome! Love the color of the truck and the rims came out great. How long did it take you to do the rims? How many coats?

I used 1 can per rim.... 1st coat 50%, let dry for 15 mins, then heavier coats, let dry between coats. Ended up with about 5 - 6 coats, took a few hours, but I love the effect

OP
OP
Kenster_66

Kenster_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

You can spray the rag, then wipe the tires

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you use the enhancer glossifier also or did you just use black?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
the badges look good. I plasti dipped them on my 2011. Only sucks come time to polish and wax the truck

Why?

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990