Questions on Belltech 2/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Newbie here. I have read all the post about the Belltech 2/4 and still walk away confused. I am wanting to get the 964sp with the Street performance shocks. I have a 2013 express regular cab. Will the new bracket keep the back in from going loose at hwy speeds? Will it center my back wheels in wheel wells?

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Personally I would say ditch the bracket and get the adjustable panhard bar mine still wiggled at hwy speeds with it and for some reason hit the exhaust pipe which is why i got the bar and if you decide to go lower you can realine it again

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed that kit (me, not a shop) 2 weeks ago. I have had no wiggling on or off the hwy.
wiggling happens when your bed moves up and down and your panhard/track bar is not in the correct position due to lowering. The panhard bar relocator that comes with that kit resolves that problem. The reason people have the butt wiggles is:
1) to much bouncing due to soft (cut stock) springs
2) soft shocks allowing excessive bouncing (buy the kit with the street performance shocks)
3) no panhard/trackbar relocator bracket

If you correctly install the 964sp with street performance shocks on a standard cab 09-12 Ram you shouldn't have any wiggling unless somehow your Ram or 964sp kit is built differently than mine (highly unlikely:))

As for the wheels being centered in the wheel well, that is really a matter of personal preference. A simple 2/4 drop doesn't shift the wheel off center enough to matter or be noticed by anyone. I asked a few people and they couldn't tell it was off center even after I told the it was. Like I said, personal preference. With the 964 kit they WILL be off center a little. To fix it requires you buy some more parts. I didn't do it so I will let someone else explain that. Here is a pic of my off center rear wheels. unuhe7y8.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I guess since the bracket comes with kit I will go that direction first. I can always go to Aftermarket panhard bar later. How is the ride DanielSix26? Truck looks sweet. Any problem with factory tires rubbing in front? I agree I don't see the rear being much of an issue for me. I will do my own install as well so glad to hear it wasn't that difficult.

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed that kit (me, not a shop) 2 weeks ago. I have had no wiggling on or off the hwy.
wiggling happens when your bed moves up and down and your panhard/track bar is not in the correct position due to lowering. The panhard bar relocator that comes with that kit resolves that problem. The reason people have the butt wiggles is:
2) soft shocks allowing excessive bouncing (buy the kit with the street performance shocks)

If you correctly install the 964sp with street performance shocks on a standard cab 09-12 Ram you shouldn't have any wiggling unless somehow your Ram or 964sp kit is built differently than mine (highly unlikely:))

As for the wheels being centered in the wheel well, that is really a matter of personal preference. A simple 2/4 drop doesn't shift the wheel off center enough to matter or be noticed by anyone. I asked a few people and they couldn't tell it was off center even after I told the it was. Like I said, personal preference. With the 964 kit they WILL be off center a little. To fix it requires you buy some more parts. I didn't do it so I will let someone else explain that. Here is a pic of my off center rear wheels. unuhe7y8.jpg

Agree with everything said. Easy install, no wiggling and rear tires not a big issue. Also, no rubbing with stock tires. Good luck man, the Belltech is an awesome kit!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382664993750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382664993750.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 229

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I guess since the bracket comes with kit I will go that direction first. I can always go to Aftermarket panhard bar later. How is the ride DanielSix26? Truck looks sweet. Any problem with factory tires rubbing in front? I agree I don't see the rear being much of an issue for me. I will do my own install as well so glad to hear it wasn't that difficult.

No problem. When I was shopping I was really confused reading the posts on here because of all the variables between truck styles, lowering kits, pre-bracket belltech kits, cut springs, etc.

The ride is identical on smooth roads. On bumpy surfaces it is a bit sharper edged. Obviously I don't have as much suspension travel so my days of flying over raised railroad crossings like the Dukes of Hazard are over (slight exaggeration, but only slight:)). On a scale of 1-10, 10 being a stock height truck and 1 being a slammed 1987 CRX with a fart can and 3 foot high spoiler, I would say my ride is about an 8.5. The trade off is that I can take the spur by my house at a confident 75mph instead of my previous pucker inducing 60mph.

I have had absolutely no rubbing.

As for the install, I don't know that I would call it easy. There was no modification required for the kit and my truck is fairly new so that helped some. Not having access to a lift was rough though. You really appreciate how much travel these suspensions have when you try to lift the wheels off the ground using the frame as your lift point. Bottom line, this isn't for beginners. If you have some mechanical inclination and a second set of hands (highly recommended) you should do fine.

Last bit of advice: to loosen the top bolt on the rear shocks, try putting together every socket extension you can find and go over the gas tank and frame rail from the middle of the truck. You will understand when you get there.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I had a charger SRT8 before so I kinda miss the handling so I agree I would sacrifice a little comfort for some handling. I have done a few suspension mods so I should be able to stumble through and make a buddy help me. Thanks for the advice on the rear top shock bolt. I will put my buddy in charge of the rear and I will take the front.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7

WRONG my springs were not cut and i had the good shocks and the bracket and i had the wiggle put on the panhard bar and it went away

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Best way to get the one top bolt out is to remove the wheel well and cut an open end wrench in half works so much better and when i lowered mine the ass end was off center by almost 1/2 inch that was to much for me,
But ya install kit and see how it works you can always but the bar later

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WRONG my springs were not cut and i had the good shocks and the bracket and i had the wiggle put on the panhard bar and it went away

Easy there. You don't have to go all capital letters on me:)

You have an R/T. Is it possible that you have some different suspension parts back there that led to you having a different experience? Perhaps larger wheels? I don't know.

My point is that if he installs an identical kit on an identical truck the result should be pretty darn close to identical. If it's not then there was some kind of variable. An R/T might be that variable.

-Arana-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also went with belltech and have not haf any wiggling I've exceeded 100mph with no issues and I don't have the panhard and I am on 24s

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya some experience it it some dont i have 22's but it came with 22's and that wiggle was annoying as hell could not do over 70 put panhard bar on and ben to 138 so not sure its weird lol

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine was the exact same way almost like the tail end was trying to do the disco when I hit bumps at higher speeds

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm looking to get the belltech kit for my quad cab. So it's safe to say that my rear wheel won't be centered anymore, though it won't cause any issues except aesthetically, correct?

For those of you that purchased the LCA's and PH bar, where did you get them? Do they make them for a 2013? Did you install them yourself?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dsipple419

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bell tech problems

I just lowered mine everything is great except passenger front is a little over a 1/2in lower than driver front and it keeps bottoming out on just that one and bell tech is telling me take it out and measure it wtf just send me a knew one what do I do does anyone know anyone with same issue"