Still riding stiff and rough on 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fermorales0731

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there is quite a bit of threads on this subject, I did 4” lowering springs and shocks in the back, track bar relocation bracket, 2” shocks and springs in the front, took off bump stops, added helper bags and it just made it stiffer. Do i have to add control arms and relocation brackets for those as well? Will that make it a little more stock ride quality? My truck didn’t come with a sway bar, the back tire is pretty centered in the wheel well, i have a 2 piece drive shaft, i have vibrations but that’s from bad tires, I just want it to feel more like a stock ride with the lowered look! It’s a 2016 1500 single cab, 22” wheels

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Lowering springs will increase the stiffness feeling. The rationale of the IHC kit is it uses the stock springs and shocks in the front and keeps a factory ride feel.

I've had both on the same truck, RCSB, 22 inch wheels.

Between the two, the ihc kit rides better especially over longer distances, but a more sport feel as in stiffness is felt with just springs.

The issue is the shorter frame, IMHO. The 2/4 kit, rides great on the quad or crew cab, but the IHC is better on the RCSB.

Different shocks can help, but you will need to make an investment in adjustable, like qa1s or vikings or spend a lot of time reading shocks specifications.

Or you could go with lowered spindles which are available.

The answer is, what do you feel rides the best and only you can answer that question. Either try them all which is expensive or ride and drive other lowered vehicles. Every choice will be a complex compromise.

Attachments

• PXL_20210228_202349037.jpg
    PXL_20210228_202349037.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Edward Hands

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Lowering springs will increase the stiffness feeling. The rationale of the IHC kit is it uses the stock springs and shocks in the front and keeps a factory ride feel.

I've had both on the same truck, RCSB, 22 inch wheels.

Between the two, the ihc kit rides better especially over longer distances, but a more sport feel as in stiffness is felt with just springs.

The issue is the shorter frame, IMHO. The 2/4 kit, rides great on the quad or crew cab, but the IHC is better on the RCSB.

Different shocks can help, but you will need to make an investment in adjustable, like qa1s or vikings or spend a lot of time reading shocks specifications.

Or you could go with lowered spindles which are available.

The answer is, what do you feel rides the best and only you can answer that question. Either try them all which is expensive or ride and drive other lowered vehicles. Every choice will be a complex compromise.
RCSB? Regular Cab, Short Bed?
It should be: RBDF Rare Bird, Does Fly!

Last edited: