Rack & Pinion Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a loud clunk or binding when turning the wheel. I took it to my buddies shop to see if he could locate the problem. He called me back and said it's coming from the rack and he actually pulled a piece of metal from the housing. He told me to take it to Dodge and have it repaired under warranty because it's probably going to be expensive. My question is I have the Bilstein leveling struts on the front set for 2.5" of lift. I also had HD control arms installed when I leveled it. Can Dodge void my warranty for this?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Won't know till you go there, but it's absolutely possible that they may not warranty the rack because of it.

ehdub1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
what ended up happening with your truck? I'm in the same boat, under warranty with bilsteins installed. seems to only be making a grinding/binding noise when turning from a stop, little or no accelerator involved

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca