Raleigh, NC GTG September 6th 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry I missed this one, hopefully the next I will be there,
Keep me updated please.

mcantar18c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new RAM! We are already talking about getting together again... Possibly for Rudy's event in October.

If you have an idea for a meet up... or a mod day... whatever... Just post it up or send a message. Most of us a looking for a reason to get together with other truck guys/gals.

BTW... I saw on your intro thread that you were a diesel guy. :waytogo: Have you had to drill and tap for a pyro on any of you other trucks? I haven't but need to add one before camper season next spring. Will probably be doing that in the next few months...
A day at the range and then a BBQ afterward would be fun. I'll have to check with the wife but we have 22 acres and a giant smoker/BBQ grill to lend to the cause.

I can help on the pyro... are you wanting pre- or post-turbo, or both?

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
A day at the range and then a BBQ afterward would be fun. I'll have to check with the wife but we have 22 acres and a giant smoker/BBQ grill to lend to the cause.

I can help on the pyro... are you wanting pre- or post-turbo, or both?

Oh man! I haven't had the old 12 gauge out in quite a while. A little gun smoke followed up by a BBQ sounds like a good time.

As for the pyro... just one pre turbo. I do not want to delete the EGR cooler yet so drilling the manifold seems like the best option. The pyro should be here this week but I still need to get pick up the drill and tap set. I'm not really scared to do it... but would be good to have someone around that knows what they are doing to help keep me from doing something stupid.

southernspeed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You need more then just one person there to keep you from doing something stupid ..Haha.... j/k

mcantar18c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh man! I haven't had the old 12 gauge out in quite a while. A little gun smoke followed up by a BBQ sounds like a good time.

As for the pyro... just one pre turbo. I do not want to delete the EGR cooler yet so drilling the manifold seems like the best option. The pyro should be here this week but I still need to get pick up the drill and tap set. I'm not really scared to do it... but would be good to have someone around that knows what they are doing to help keep me from doing something stupid.
Its pretty straightforward, as long as you get all of the metal shavings out (and don't drill into the wrong thing), you'll be good. What part of NC are you in (I'm on tapatalk and can't see locations)?

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You need more then just one person there to keep you from doing something stupid ..Haha.... j/k
Ain't that the truth!!! :flipthebird:
Its pretty straightforward, as long as you get all of the metal shavings out (and don't drill into the wrong thing), you'll be good. What part of NC are you in (I'm on tapatalk and can't see locations)?

Benson/McGee's Crossroads area. About 15 minutes east of Angier on 210.

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nice, I'm only like half an hour from you, if that. When are you planning on doing it?
Pretty soon but not in a huge rush. I can hit you up once I get a tap & thread kit (I have lots of woodworking tools but not much for working with metal). Then just work out a time that works for you.

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It pained me to miss this one. :puke: :suicide:

Since I love to drive my truck long distances and see places up close. Oh and let's not forget the great people you meet along the way. :waytogo:

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel

Shoot when you want to do this let me know and we can do two trucks at once. I have been holding off on installing the pyro. Not afraid of drilling through the exhaust I just need that extra guidance since we are dealing with a turbo.

I don't mind making a drive to get that done!

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If anyone is gong out to Rudy's today hit me up. Would be cool to meet up there.

Ramjoblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Raliegh , nc GTG September 6th 2014

Sorry I'm working the 12-8 night shift . I was asked too go with a friend of mine even though I have a 1500 with the 5.7 hemi . I would have liked too meet you. Mabe we'll get together sometime in the near future ,take care!!