Ram trailer TPMS system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used the trailer tpms system that comes on the new Rams? I'm curious if it will pair up with any sensors or do the sensors need to be "Ram" specific sensors?
Also can these sensors be the cheap ones that you put on the stems of the tires or do they need to be the installed sensors ?
Any input on how good or bad the Ram trailer tpms system is would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There's a huge thread on another forum on this subject. In fact I was going to add the TTPMS to my 2020 2500 Limited but gave up due to issues. Anyway you must use the Mopar tire sensors, others tried to pair aftermarket sensors and they will not work. And just so you know it has to be ordered with truck, it doesn't automatically come with it. If it does have it the sensors are included anyway.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The sensors came with the truck, maybe because we ordered the tow package. Had them installed and they work great.

OP
OP
pjtj2k

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sensors came with the truck, maybe because we ordered the tow package. Had them installed and they work great.
Good to know, I ordered my truck with the ttpms, was just curious about how that worked. Assuming these sensors are ones that get mounted inside the tire.

MN2500

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr ecoTorque
My 2500 came with Towing Technology Group and 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep Group. Should I have the sensor, too?

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I have the towing technology group and no mention of sensors. And one of the dealer's techs tried to make it read my aftermarket trailer tire sensors and got nowhere.

Brewser455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The TPMS is an option all to itself and has to be ordered separately. The sensors come with the truck when ordered with TPMS and have to be mounted in the tire.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They were included with my 2021 Ram . I ordered it with the tow package. The dealership put on my new wheels and he left my sensors on the factory wheels and used the ones shipped with my new truck that were for the TT. My truck will not talk to these sensors. I have to go back to the dealership and swap the sensors

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I got the towing tech package and the factory sticks four of the sensors in the floor storage bins.
I had them installed on my cargo trailer and also ordered an extra set for my car hauler.

Good thing too. I had fueled up with my car hauler and drove a block down the road and the sensor reads that my back right trailer tire had 20lbs of air only. By the time I pulled into a parking lot it was reading 5lbs and when I stopped it was flat.
You have to set the trailer sensors to be picked up by the truck. Not a very complicated process, but it has to be done in a certain sequence.

OP
OP
pjtj2k

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got my truck and I can confirm the tire sensors come with the truck. They are under the rear seat in the storage bin. Now I just need to get them installed. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk