rear seat mod completed. insights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Greetings all, I am loving this forum. I completed my rear seat mod today, and I would like to share my experience. First let me apologize if I am repeating information shared by others.
My rear seat is a 60/40, with fold flat floor, and factory subwoofer. I chose to do the riser mod instead of cutting the rear hooks. First thought, not all washers are the same thickness. The magic number for me, as others have shared, was 7 each, and 6 each in two places. When I was grabbing my washers, I measured some as thin as .06 inches, meaning in order to hit the 5/8"=3.4" height, I would have needed to use 10 or more. The number of washers isn't important, the final height is. Second, the factory subwoofer has brackets that mount over the seat base frame. I did not want the sub to be floating higher, so I moved the sub's brackets under the washer stack. In those 2 locations I used 6 washers instead of 7 due to the bracket thickness.
Everything works exactly as intended, seats lock back very securely, and fold down with a little tug. No trimming of hooks. I am 6'1" and when sitting in back, only my hair (what little I have left) barely brushes the head liner. The fold flat floor still snaps securely when stowed, thanks to the elastic retainers. Now I have a great place to store my billboard sized headrests when no one is in the back. I just saw a post that mentioned this use for the mod, and that convinced me to do it, I wish I remembered who posted it, as I would like to give them credit for the idea.
One last thing, I've read people that knocked this project out in 15 minutes. My old back doesn't work as it did back in the day, and the whole project was 1-2 hours. Kudos to those that had an easier time. 100% worth the time.
Thank you all that have gone before me, I always thought these seats should function like this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357