Remote Starter Horn Delete Upon Start-Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2008 1500 5.7 that I bought new back in the day which came with a factory remote starter which still works great. Upon pressing the button twice, the horn beeps twice and the truck starts. My question is, is there any way I can delete the horn beeping? I appreciate it in advance.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2008 1500 5.7 that I bought new back in the day which came with a factory remote starter which still works great. Upon pressing the button twice, the horn beeps twice and the truck starts. My question is, is there any way I can delete the horn beeping? I appreciate it in advance.
Its been a long time since ive had my 08 but its possible to do a quick google I came up with this and I think thats what i did im sure someone else will chime in if im wrong.

While standing outside the truck, press and hold the lock button for at least 4 seconds (but less than 10). While still holding the lock button, press and hold the panic button. Release both buttons together.

OP
OP
christoff

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I will try it tomorrow morning and let you know.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it is factory then no. You can disable the horn for locking it but not remote start.