Replaced ABS speed sensor, ABS light still on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laynemoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello all. I'm having a very annoying problem! The other week I was driving from South Dakota to Missouri which was a 15 hour drive! Anyway my ABS light, service 4WD and ESP BAS lights came on. Then my cruise quit working, try driving 14 hours without cruise!

Well it was throwing "front right abs sensor". I replaced it today with a mopar part and after installing the lights were still on. So I figured it would clear with the scanner, no such luck (wtf moment). So my last hope was the disconnect the battery for a bit. Didn't work (extreme wtf aggravation moment lol).

I am currently making the haul to Duluth, MN from Missouri (another 14 hours) with no cruise!!

Does anyone have any suggestions??!? Also will my 4wd work?!

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sounds like a wiring fault, or an issue with the connector.

That is not very helpful though as it will be a ***** to find the other end of the harness for a test. Should be a hall effect sensor I would assume, so supply it with voltage/ground, jack up that wheel, spin it, and see if the voltage at the other end of the harness varies.

I would say check the fuse, but that was a pretty specific code...

EDIT: Someone with a good Snap-On tool may be able to test the sensor from the OBDII port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca