Right hand pull. 2018 2500 4dr Crew Short box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
2018 Ram 2500 6.4L.

I have a right had pull. Started around 2000miles on the truck. Fast forward to today 8.2.19. At 3200miles truck pulls to the right. Air pressure is set correctly 60psi on front and 80psi on rear. I've even gone 60psi all the way around with no change, not any slower pull. Even rotated the tire front to back, back to front with no change. Thinking it was a radial pull...

So my question is....

There is specs out there from Thuren. Has anyone had this same problem? Seems pretty common. I've read and heard because we have a solid axle front end and so forth. But has anyone used Thuren specs to correct this issue with a quality outcome?

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
My last truck was a 2500 i used thurens specs when i had it aligned and had no issues or pulls. Tires make a big difference when it comes to this as well amd rotating them around doesn't change anything. Also way too much air pressure in the tires when not loaded i was running 50 in the front and 40 in the rear. Try doing the chalk tread test to see if the tire is making a good contact patch with the road and adjust pressures from there. What type of tires and size do you have?

OP
OP
Michael Jones

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
LT275/70-18. Firestone transforce A/T. Stock tires from factory. Only 3200 miles on them. My local alignment shop may have a program to re write the tpms. Annoying when the tires are set low. Then the warning comes on every start up

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take it to the dealer since it seems you have a new truck and let them deal with it. Your toe is prob out in one of the wheels or both?, Could also be something as silly as your draglink out of center forcing your steering towards one side. put a mark on the draglink adjuster and rotate the sucker say 1/4", and see what the steering does. if your steering went in the wrong direction while the truck is going the opposite, back up the 1/4" you moved it, and go 1/4" the other way. it takes a little patience but it's easy enough it might worth a try.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
2500’s do it. I haven’t been in one that doesn’t. Some more than others. I had mine aligned to thuren specs after their lift. It was better but pulls again. My tires are getting rough too. Before kit and align I let go of wheel and shed take off to the right. Like FAST. After lift and align I could let off and it was pretty darn straight. Now with rough looking tires I let go and she casually pulls to the right. It’s not so bad I’m fighting it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have had a couple 2500's, none of them did it. Take it back to the dealer. My current 2016 did not pull stock and does not pull now with a level kit and Thuren spec alignment.

As far as changing your TPMS thresholds, unless your alignment shop has an Autel and your vehicles PIN from the dealer they won't be able to change it. You can do it yourself with Alfaobd and the PIN from the dealer. There is a thread here on AlfaOBD you can search for to see how to do it.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2018 Ram 2500 6.4L.

I have a right had pull. Started around 2000miles on the truck. Fast forward to today 8.2.19. At 3200miles truck pulls to the right. Air pressure is set correctly 60psi on front and 80psi on rear. I've even gone 60psi all the way around with no change, not any slower pull. Even rotated the tire front to back, back to front with no change. Thinking it was a radial pull...

So my question is....

There is specs out there from Thuren. Has anyone had this same problem? Seems pretty common. I've read and heard because we have a solid axle front end and so forth. But has anyone used Thuren specs to correct this issue with a quality outcome?

4x4 right??
Yes it needs to be realigned using the Thuren specs
When I did my 2.5” leveling kit
I had my dealer set to Thuren and it’s as straight as an arrow.
Alignment is free prior to 9K miles. Have it done as many times as it takes.

- The Blue Mule

OP
OP
Michael Jones

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I value every one of your opinions! Thank you for the feed back!

Yes 4x4.

As far DIY adjustment on the drag link. Fiat decided to tack weld the two nuts as a remedy to the nuts backing off due to a recall. There for a simple un-loosen and re-adjust is more work than it needs to be. So I did a little grind down to be ready come Tuesday for any adjustments to make it simple on the shop. I'll definitely keep a update to the forum as time goes on.

In addition I showed up, as a walk in to my local alignment shop, let him know what was up and wanted to bend his ear fir opinion.

My local alignment shop actually showed me the thuren PDF print off that he pulled from the pile of the weeks worth of work orders. He said he just did a guys freshly lifted ram to these specs and a buddy of that freshly lifted ram that had a stock ram. The shop hasn't heard anything back. Which in my opinion "no news is good news"

Trust and respect is big in my opinion. Had issues with the truck smoking on startup for the first 2800 miles, called, emailed the dealer all they could say is bring it in, we would be happy to address it,,,,,but the dealer even disclosed in a voicemail that I have still saved, , theres bulletins from Fiat stating this is normal. Well they definitely didn't disclose that during purchasing, knowing dam well as the dealer stated the 5.7 and 6.4 have these issues. Dealer head sales douch said and I quote "we just sell the vehicles, we don't build them. It's under a 60k 5yr powertrain so you have a long time to go if it doesn't stop smoking, but it's in a bulletin of this particular issue "

I'll pay my $55 to a well honest alignment shop. I get the opinion of it's under warranty. But the dealer burned there bridge. Very frustrating, Anyway....

Just wanted to bend the ram forums on how everyone has viewed and pleased by thuren specs towards the weird alignment pull from our Beasts of a truck.

Cheers

Last edited:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I'm leveled on thuren springs,37s and their alignment specs. Mine will still pull with the crown of the rd. If I'm on a split lane hwy right lane will pull me right , left lane pulls me left. I've read this is pretty common with solid axle trucks. Also some tires are notorious for wanting the truck to pull one way or the other.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk