Seatbelt Chipped Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Voelkl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ouch! Brand new 2021 1500 and I already made the first cut. Shockingly when I took my seatbelt off it swung into the window and put a pinhole size chip in it. Needless to say, I’m not too happy this occurred…Does anyone know of a way to fill/fix a chip? I’ve seen windshield repair kits online but am not sure if that’s the best way to fix this.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ouch! Brand new 2021 1500 and I already made the first cut. Shockingly when I took my seatbelt off it swung into the window and put a pinhole size chip in it. Needless to say, I’m not too happy this occurred…Does anyone know of a way to fill/fix a chip? I’ve seen windshield repair kits online but am not sure if that’s the best way to fix this.
Thanks in advance for any tips.
My local Safelite repairs window chips for $35 and they are good at it. I had the same style chip repaired in three of my vehicles this year alone and they did a great job.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also if you have glass coverage they usually wave the deductible using Safelite. My Safelite also does great chip repairs. I got one on my windshield in under 500 miles and it was right at eye level and you can not see it even if you know it is there.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depending on the pin hole or crack a reputable window installation shop should be able to fix it