Side Mirror for 2013 Ram Tradesman Quad cab,Metal Backing plate or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Have a 2013 Ram 1500 Quad cab (I think it is the Quad Cab and not the Crew cab but not 100 %sure)
with the big Hemi .
The mirror got knocked off the truck,the mirror was pulled off the truck and there is a metal backing plate that is broken that was between the mirror assembly and the truck.
I am not wanting to buy an oem part because of cost and have been looking at different Mirrors that range from an unheated one for about 85 bucks shipped to a heated one for about 115.00 both Power Mirror assemblies shipped,think the brand is kool vue.

Neither appear to have the metal plate that appears to go between the mirror assembly and truck.
Will I have to have a mirror with the Metal plate or will the Mirror assembly work without it ??
And even though the mirrors are heated that came on the truck I have never turned them on as I do not know how to do so !
Just trying to save some bucks but need a power passenger side mirror !

I would appreciate some help with my Questions,Maybe a Link to a power mirror assembly that is even cheaper than the Kool vue .
Thanks

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
look at these sites
the mirrors may be OEM or after market

OOPS, i was looking at the wrong year
Check with the same places, but for the 2013 Ram

1aauto
&
Rockauto
&
LKQonline

Last edited:

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The metal backing plate is part of the mirror assembly
You'll need to remove the plate currently on there to install the new one

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep you need the plate.

The heated function turns on with the rear window defrost. One button controls both.

I'd caution on looking for the very cheapest one, unless you don't care about quality and functionality. There are some poor fitting and cheaply made aftermarkets out there. Not saying choose OEM, but look for reviews at least.

OP
OP
B

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok but like I said when reading the info and looking at the images I am not seeing a plate included with the new mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357