Sold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Changed them out at about 6 months
No issues
No scratches or damage
Came out of my 2015 Power Wagon
$1000 shipped
74a761d0cb079ab36d383056fc1cc0a2.jpg
a97d2b2e93629dff59504dee597959f6.jpg
f16915db2989a6c6ad96fb8500fb7db7.jpg
e84bcaf2af790dc7c91bd2f26d9aa10d.jpg
22e38eeb4969e73e3eb8ec33809b0730.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Glws. You got a thread with what you replaced those with on that beast. I'm assuming some demon eyes based on the red accents.

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried a few different styles but ended up going back to stock. Had the dealer replace some old ones I had under warranty with factory ones so I ended up with an extra set. Never found anything brighter. These are great lights. i was going to keep them for spares but by the time I would need them I will probably have a new ride.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You can get the TYC ones for $625 from retroshop and OEM ones on eBay for a lot less man...might wanna consider dropping the price a good bit or else nobody will buy them.

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get cheap ones for a lot less yes. These are not cheap lights. They are over $1000 each from dodge. These are less than half price for 6 month old lights. A hell of a deal.

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These lights have internal motors that control the focus of the beam.

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you switch to high beam an internal motor changes the focus of the projector

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can get cheap ones for a lot less yes. These are not cheap lights. They are over $1000 each from dodge. These are less than half price for 6 month old lights. A hell of a deal.

What he is trying to say is that you can buy brand new OEM headlights for cheaper.

The same exact ones you have listed.

But I see it both ways, you have your price... and if someone finds it cheaper somewhere else, they should buy them there.

Merica.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tried a few different styles but ended up going back to stock. Had the dealer replace some old ones I had under warranty with factory ones so I ended up with an extra set. Never found anything brighter. These are great lights. i was going to keep them for spares but by the time I would need them I will probably have a new ride.

Sounds like you basically got these for free anyways. Like the dealership let you keep the ones they replaced?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
When he says internal motors he's referring to a solenoid that pulls the low beam cutoff shield down for a "full beam" or "high beam". That's standard on all projector sport headlights as its a bi-halogen projector. Not anything special. Same thing goes for bixenon HId projectors... Same thing but with an HID bulb. The "bi" part means it's part low beam and part high beam, so the one light is effectively both and more compact. A lot of OEMs use dedicated low beam projectors and dedicated high beam projectors. That way they don't have to worry about solenoids failing or getting stuck in the up or down position. Personally I like the bi function.

Glws

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When he says internal motors he's referring to a solenoid that pulls the low beam cutoff shield down for a "full beam" or "high beam". That's standard on all projector sport headlights as its a bi-halogen projector. Not anything special. Same thing goes for bixenon HId projectors... Same thing but with an HID bulb. The "bi" part means it's part low beam and part high beam, so the one light is effectively both and more compact. A lot of OEMs use dedicated low beam projectors and dedicated high beam projectors. That way they don't have to worry about solenoids failing or getting stuck in the up or down position. Personally I like the bi function.

Glws

Thank you, that's a much better explanation than anyone could explain to me at the stealership.

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Threw them in google and they come up for $300 a piece all day from multiple suppliers.. So $6 for a NEW set, so ill offer you $400 shipped.. Trust me man i have the chrome ones in my laramie,, Im gunna feel your pain when i go to sell mine

OP
OP
W

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's for aftermarket which are not nearly as good or as bright. You won't find OEM headlights at that price.

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's for aftermarket which are not nearly as good or as bright. You won't find OEM headlights at that price.

Sorry to break it but these are nothing special compared to a aftermarket oem replacement one. You pay extra for oem but the quality is the same and you get the name. standard bulbs and the half decent projector are the limiting factora and a quick swap to something like the TRS ram hid kit will give you more light but a better projector is the ultimate upgrade. I'd take the $400 and be done with them if every where online are running around $300.

whatTHEmilone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I was lucky enough to find a set of TYC OEM replacement projectors for only $200 on Craigslist last week. You're right though, the Mopar lights are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.