Sonnax Line Booster for 545rfe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Getting a custom TCM tune, so the Sonnax has to come off either today or tomorrow. Been on the truck for about a year now with 0 issues and 0 complaints. Ran it along with the DSP's trans tune. Its an awsome little mod and I had a lot of fun with it on there. Really made the DSP's trans tune feel much better, like it should have from the start.

For those worried about a tuner/line booster combo. The tuners do not raise the line pressure to get the harder shifts, they reduce the TM (torque management).

More information on it:

The 45/545RFE transmission uses a full range line pressure sensor mounted on the outside of the transmission for "closed loop" line pressure control. Due to this system, traditional methods of raising line pressure by changing the PR spring or valves have no effect. The Sonnax Line Pressure Booster alters the pressure signal sent to the computer causing the computer to raise line pressure has 15-30 psi increase. Higher line pressure increases clutch holding power and torque capacity but with these transmissions, the increase has a limited effect on shift feel. Changes in shift feel will be noticed mostly under aggressive driving or loaded conditions. This part is ideal for heavy duty and modified vehicles and even stock transmissions when a little extra pressure is desired. No other modifications are required. The Line Pressure Booster installs between the pressure sensor and vehicle harness using OEM style sealed connectors. Simply unplug the vehicle harness and reconnect with one of these parts.

Normal price is around $45-$50, I'm asking $25

Last edited:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i run mine with my SC tune also. havnt had any problems. Good luck on the sale.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
That I don't know. It might. I know the plug is the same on the 03-08's 545RFE not sure if it is on the newer ones

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If anyone can confirm it'll fit a 2012 I'll take it ... Is it 25 shipped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docbull