Spring compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armkb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t think its up to the task of compressing 1500 springs. Even though it states 3/4” max. for diameter springs and ours measure 11/16”. Read the negative reviews. Not good. May be ok for Tacomas and Frontiers.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have probably done a dozen with the plain old cheap one on Ebay

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this one.. Works excellent on the 1500 front springs, feels safe and steady. Two words of advice; first when you get it disassemble it and grease the threads and second do NOT get lazy and use power tools to turn it. Hand power only. The threaded shanks are softer metal and hitting them with the ugga dugga wrench is a good way to experience regrets.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You could get hurt real bad if it was to break while using it.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The most important thing I seen posted and should be followed is " If you know what you are doing " . If you don't or lack confidence in what you are doing I would not recommend removing the spring yourself. As far as air tools , I used a 1/2" impact gun every time and don't know any one personally that don't . The cheap compressors I use will work with just a half inch extension inserted into the head of the bolt or a socket. Many times I have not had enough room to get a socket on the bolt where the extension will fit right in .

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have this one.. Works excellent on the 1500 front springs, feels safe and steady. Two words of advice; first when you get it disassemble it and grease the threads and second do NOT get lazy and use power tools to turn it. Hand power only. The threaded shanks are softer metal and hitting them with the ugga dugga wrench is a good way to experience regrets.

Check out the price differance ,69 bucks Stateside,220 bucks Canuck,aarrgghh.Fluck we get screwed north of the border,lol.

Shankly Spring Compressor Tool (2 Pieces) - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra Rugged Coil Spring Compressor, Strong and Durable Spring Compressor with Safety Guard and Carrying Case, Steering & Suspension Tools - Amazon Canada

Amazon.com: Shankly Spring Compressor Tool (2 Pieces) - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra Rugged Coil Spring Compressor, Strong and Durable Spring Compressor with Safety Guard and Carrying Case: Automotive

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was a kid I bought a cheap spring compressor. I was about 17 or 18. I used the compressor to remove springs on a Chevy Nova.
I compressed the spring on the ground to put a new one in and the compressor broke sending the spring sailing.
Don’t buy **** from overseas.
Or if you do have a good life insurance policy!!
SNAP ON, MAC, MATCO, OEM, KD TOOL are quality tools.