Steel Bumper Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hey everybody, Im looking to see if anybody has any recommendations or advice on offroad style/ steel bumpers. I recently hit a deer and ruined my factory bumper, thinking I might as well take the opportunity to upgrade. Im looking at a few here and wanted to know if anybody had any of these... what do you think of them? Any horror stories?

Im curious most about the Rough County. It seems to be the best deal w added light.. but RC scares me. It seems like everything they makes rust.

Thanks for taking time to read and post pics of what you got!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What color is your truck? These would probably look more at home on a darker truck.

I haven't run any of those bumpers. The chunky & angular look was never my cup of tea. But I know looks are subjective. There are some bumpers which are a little more toned down. But I can't say about durability. Best of luck

4611fb4f0dc97e8db1661eddb6d38287.jpg

JustaTradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Look at Addictive Desert Designs. They are made in Mesa, AZ. I have their front bumper on my truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

&

A.D.D. seem to be popular

Avbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like my Move bumper! I have had one problem though. I hit a big bump and that hard steel bumper didn't have enough clearance and broke all the tabs on my headlights.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

With the exchange rate you pay about 75% of the advertised price. You see these on a ton of pickups, especially in the oil patch. Can be powder coated any color you want.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 07-16-19 Bulletproof Bumpers.png

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 07-17-53 Bulletproof Bumpers.png

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The other thing about those aftermarket bumpers, besides looking like a darth vader mask...they often weigh a lot more, which puts more stress on front end parts. Esp 1500's.

OP, If you don't like any of those, is there a way to add a guard or accessory mount to an OEM bumper that looks decent? Although even a stiff guard will usually bend during a deer hit.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The other thing about those aftermarket bumpers, besides looking like a darth vader mask...they often weigh a lot more, which puts more stress on front end parts. Esp 1500's.

OP, If you don't like any of those, is there a way to add a guard or accessory mount to an OEM bumper that looks decent? Although even a stiff guard will usually bend during a deer hit.
Weight is a big reason the Bullet Proof bumpers are so popular. Base bumpe is 120 lbs, full guard version, 210. Thus, not a lot more than the factory bumper setup, unless you add a winch which adds another 100 lbs with synthetic cable.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot the truck was a 2500.

The extra weight shouldn't bother it much.:waytogo:

1911LVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L SO
I added a Ranch Hand to mine last year for just such 'road problems'...
IMG_20221206_135443962_HDR.jpg

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little off topic but dam..thats a stout looking drone in that pic...lol

I have a ranchhand thing on mine, stock bumper..im pretty sure if I were to hit a deer at pretty much any speed and not straight center, those headlight guards are smashing the truck panels and lights,more hogs than deer around my area and i don't wanna find out about either...cant say the weight,guessing around 150 area I dunno though.

Surge One

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey everybody, Im looking to see if anybody has any recommendations or advice on offroad style/ steel bumpers. I recently hit a deer and ruined my factory bumper, thinking I might as well take the opportunity to upgrade. Im looking at a few here and wanted to know if anybody had any of these... what do you think of them? Any horror stories?

Im curious most about the Rough County. It seems to be the best deal w added light.. but RC scares me. It seems like everything they makes rust.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
ANY THING that is sold by ROUGH COUNTRY stay FAR< FAR <FAR away from. If there is a guarantee of something being absolute crap, Rough Country is that in spades.

Surge One

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Check out AEV Front bumper. I've had my AEV bumper for pn now for 7 years. I had it custom painted with some flare to match my Granite truck color and some Dodge silver. It is built like a tank. Most of it is pressed steel so you do not see any welds. It mounts up to the frame like nobody's business. It can take a Warn 16.5ti winch that gets mounted inside the bumper, so you would need to make that decision prior to install or you will have to remove the entire bumper down the road. I really like this bumper, tuff, looks great, and sleek. It doesn't look like a "Bull Pusher" on the front of your truck. Also, it does not restrict the airflow to the intercooler. Watch out for that on other aftermarket bumpers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018_143856_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018_143856_Facebook.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat