V10 thermostat housing discontinued??! Where do you guys find one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DazSpaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360? 5.9
Hey gang. Just wondering where everyone goes for the thermostat housing for a 96 v10? Mopar 5300 6047 is the part number. Every site I hit says discontinued. I cant imagine that if my housing was to be ruined the entire truck is now useless? Dealer is closed so haven't checked them yet so hoping (kinda) they may have access to a ridiculously priced one. Thought i would ask here though. Must be someone out there that makes em. Thanks ahead. D

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hey gang. Just wondering where everyone goes for the thermostat housing for a 96 v10? Mopar 5300 6047 is the part number. Every site I hit says discontinued. I cant imagine that if my housing was to be ruined the entire truck is now useless? Dealer is closed so haven't checked them yet so hoping (kinda) they may have access to a ridiculously priced one. Thought i would ask here though. Must be someone out there that makes em. Thanks ahead. D
Junkyard or online junkyard, you’ll most likely find what you need. If it’s disco’ed then you will have to get a used one. Gl.

PIPTHEREDRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Junkyard or online junkyard, you’ll most likely find what you need. If it’s disco’ed then you will have to get a used one. Gl.
Defenittly check the junk yard. I live in Central FL and there is no shortage of v10's in the yards. If they are in fact discontinued I'd go ahead and get all of em you can and sell some.

Spamcan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Not wishing to rummage through the junkyards, I had a cracked and leaking housing, too. A little JB Weld solved that problem (sealing it from the INSIDE). My V10 wouldn't hardly budge the temp guage was (the original problem), so eventually (after trying a couple of new temp sensors and having to constantly remind myself of which sensor is which) I opened up the housing to find my (the original) thermostat had failed in the wide open position! Logical, don't you think? Replaced it and everything's ticky-poooo!

OP
OP
D

DazSpaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360? 5.9
This guy knows customer service. Took care of me over Christmas break. They fab aluminum billet replacements. Worth it.

ALL DODGE TRUCK RECYCLING
11350 S. BRIDGE ST
GOLD RIVER, CA. 95670
(916)635-7602
[email protected]

Matt Bell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can’t figure out how to make a new thread. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram v10 and I’m replacing the water pump. I can’t get the little threaded metal pipe off the old water pump. Any tips?