Water in Fuel Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kboi21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2015 Ram 6.7 Cummins, When it rains the "Water in Fuel" light comes on, after It sits for a day inside, or when its done raining / snowing, the light is off. Hard for me to believe that there is actually water in the system as the light is off when its not raining, any ideas what may cause this? Been doing this off and on for about a year.

N0NAMETOGIVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 / 6.4
Have you opened the valves to clear when it does it? Mine has two valves for water.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have a 2015 Ram 6.7 Cummins, When it rains the "Water in Fuel" light comes on, after It sits for a day inside, or when its done raining / snowing, the light is off. Hard for me to believe that there is actually water in the system as the light is off when its not raining, any ideas what may cause this? Been doing this off and on for about a year.
Sounds like you may have a connection that is allowing water or moister to get in and trip the WIF light, I would double check all your connections an use dielectric grease also make sure you have no wires shorting out...

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you checked the wires on the sensor where it hooks up to the bottom of the sensor and screws into the filter. That is where the problem was for me when it happened. I have found they wear out after changing the filter all the time.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 3500 when it did that on my truck ended up being the wires on the sensor having a kink in them allowing moisture causing a short. I replaced the sensor on the bottom of the filter and the code has stayed off since.