What say you? Chrome or paint Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

af2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any vehicle really, but specifically on the Ram 1500... what do you prefer and more importantly why?

Im not a flashy guy and basically grew up eating sunday dinner out of Cool-whip containers (ma's 'favorite china'), but man.. when i look at my truck with the chrome front and rear.. it just does something to me; screams SHARP! and classy.

What do you guys prefer? Painted grills/bumpers or chrome?

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Painted for me!

Chrome is to flashy for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rainmn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate chrome on any vehicle newer than about 1972. The lack of chrome (and of course price) was one of the things I really liked about my express. It's leased, but if I made the decision to buy it, the chrome wheels would be gone the next day.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
For me it depends on the truck, color combo etc. I wanted mine with chrome. I think it looks good with Granite Crystal and I love the big chrome grill on the HD Laramie. Also the chrome package bumper is more durable against chips and blemishes than the painted bumper.

For the new 5th gen 1500, I think it looks best on pretty much every trim with all body color painted bumpers and accents. The way they modernized the design of the truck, it just doesn’t work as well with chrome anymore IMO. Chrome may still work better on the HD models if the design is a little more traditional.

I don’t think any modern sedans can pull off chrome. Especially since real bumpers don’t even exist on sedans anymore. Its all just one big fascia piece. The last sedan that could pull it off and it looked at home was the Cadillac Fleetwood.

49291513.jpg

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve always been partial to matching painted bumpers. (Regardless of color) I’ve only liked chrome on the old muscle cars and some bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
af2018

af2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chrome mostly because it’s tougher and easier to maintain. Also being that my truck is white it doesn’t look like a work truck so much.

Ive always wondered if chrome was more durable than painted bumpers.

i know that when people think of 'chrome' they think the shiny silvery metal is the chrome, when in fact the actual chrome is just a clear thin coating covering nickel plating.

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Tbh, I think the chrome flows really well on my truck as it is, but if I ever had about $1k to blow on mods that mean nothing... I’d probably purchase a grille, front and rear bumpers on eBay, then have them painted color match on my Ram.

I had the sport/express bumpers and the plastic on the front didn’t seem as durable as it should have.. That said, painted metal bumpers would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I started shopping for my truck I had in mind that I wanted painted. Then I saw the Delmonico Red Laramie with chrome and it changed my mind completely! I absolutely love walking up to my truck and seeing that chrome front end! She is one good looking truck!!!