Will Harland sharp rocker arms S70037

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCarr98Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 Magnum
Hello I am looking into upgrading my rocker arms for my 1998 dodge ram 1500 5.9L engine. The rocker arms u am looking at are Harland sharp 1.70 ratio. I also bought a comp cam camshaft complete kit, that comes with vales springs, locks, valve stems, and retainers. Spec for the cam are lift-486/473, duration 279/297, and lobe separation 107 degree. What effects will happen going from 1.6-1.7 ratio? Will this work? Has anyone used these rocker arms before?

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have actually purchased that same set of rockers for my engine, but I'm going to be running the factory camshaft. Haven't gotten them installed yet, but am hoping to do so soon!

Keeping it as simple as possible, the larger ratio (vs the factory 1.6) will slightly increase the valve lift, which will allow the cylinders to take in more air/fuel.

That said, if you're swapping in an aftermarket camshaft, you likely won't need them, and from what I've read, it's generally considered a better overall route to swap to a "bigger" camshaft than to swap in larger ratio rockers, but it doesn't take much to have to switch from "canned" tunes to "custom" tunes, and the price starts accelerating quickly from there. For those of us looking for a boost to airflow that can be handled by "canned" tunes for our Magnums, the 1.7 rockers work well.

That cam you've picked out sounds interesting; lots of duration with a narrow LSA. Don't suppose you could provide a part number?