Uconnect thinks every message is from the same contact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
For the last few days, every time I get a text my truck says it's from Steve. None of them have been from Steve and I haven't even gotten a text from Steve for several months so...wtf Ram?

Anyone have an easy fix? I figure if nothing else I'll delete my phone out of the system and then re-pair it. Re-pair it to repair it, as it were.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello Docwagon1776,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you can please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Hello Docwagon1776,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you can please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

I appreciate it, but I doubt it's that big of a problem. I'm reasonably certain unpairing the phone will fix it, just hoping to see if there's an easier method before doing it. First time it's glitched and it's a 10 year old truck, so can't be a huge problem.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Could it possibly be something to do with the loss of 3G cell services ?

I don't use smart phones, so i can't use the RAM APPS, like messaging

The flip phone that i picked up last Fall, i did not know it, but it came with 4G Lite

Last edited:
OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Could it possibly be something to do with the loss of 3G cell services ?

I don't use smart phones, so i can't use the RAM APPS, like messaging

The flip phone that picked up last Fall, i did not know it, but it came with 4G lite

No, definitely not. My truck doesn't have it's own connection capability. It gets all it's data from my cell phone, including address book contacts.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
messaging with your phone & radio apps

I appreciate your attempt to help, but I don't think you understand the issue. My phone is paired and the radio will read the text message if I tell it to. The issue is it keeps saying every new message is from a certain contact, regardless of who sent the message.

"You have a new text message from Steve" is the notification regardless of who the message is actually from whereas it used to say "You have a new text message from <insert name or number of who sent the message here>"

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My uconnect doesn’t work well with the text messages either. Mine would do the same as yours or it would just repeat the same message repeatedly. I got tired of it and disconnected the text message option on the uconnect. I even unpaired and repaired and still did the same after awhile. Got pretty annoying but everything else worked great