2001 2500 5.9 gas Coolant refill with block also emptied.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01GEN2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Hey Guys first post just joined today. I am a motorcycle mechanic but do most of the work on my cars and trucks. I posted this thread to hopefully help others with the specific (block is also empty part) I bought a 2001 2500 5.9 gas and replaced heater core, water pump, t-stat, radiator etc. I can't believe how much easier this truck is to work on than my 2006 GMC 2500. This is my first Dodge after my GMC called it quits at 430K. My question is after searching this forum first and others I am having trouble finding a definitive answer to refilling the system without using a vacuum set up which I do not own. I did drain the block also. I did find only one person saying to fill the block with the t-stat housing off until it reaches to where the thermostat goes but that's all I could find. The dodge manual just does not give much info. What is the proper way to fill system with the block also empty and remove any air. If it's a PITA I might break down and have someone come over and pressure test and refill with the vacuum set up. Appreciate any help. Also anyone know torque spec on engine coolant drain bolt? I have all the other torque specs but not that one. Thanks