Clutch Fan Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx

Reaction score
I installed the V6 Dorman 621-410 moved the AC fan to the front of the Dorman and left it hooked up to the PCM. The Efan is set up with a Flex-A-Lite temperature controller, 180 thermostat, runs at 85c all the time, if you look hard you can see the AC fan, had it for 2 years now NP.AirIntakeRam 009.JPGAirIntakeRam 008.JPGScreenshot (57).png

Maxx

Reaction score
With all the installation I did I gained 120hp and 2 Efans. One for AC and one for the engine.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Was that a lot of wiring to get that to work?

Did you mount the AC fan in front of the radiator?

This is a interesting setup.

Maxx

Reaction score
Was that a lot of wiring to get that to work?

Did you mount the AC fan in front of the radiator?

This is a interesting setup.
Yes, I did have to make mounts for it, it's working well.

Last edited:

Maxx

Reaction score
The AC fan is on the PCM and comes on when I turn the AC on and when the heat reaches 220F. The second new eFan I installed comes on at 195F by using the Flex-a-Lite 31174 variable temperature controller with Probe style QuickStart this was very easy to install the only hard part was making the mounts for the AC fan.Glow Shift 008.pngGlow Shift 00999.png

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The AC fan is on the PCM and comes on when I turn the AC on and when the heat reaches 220F. The second new eFan I installed comes on at 195F by using the Flex-a-Lite 31174 variable temperature controller with Probe style QuickStart this was very easy to install the only hard part was making the mounts for the AC fan.View attachment 469094View attachment 469095
What did you do with the blade and rotation of the factory A/C fan if you mounted it in front of the rad.It's a puller fan,not a pusher fan,so unless you did something with the angle of the blades or the direction of the motor,your great idea is going to be fighting each other,as the A/C fan mounted in front,is going to be pulling air from the engine bay,while the other fan will be trying to pull air through the rad from the front. Looks to me like you kept the V6 fan behind the rad,which means you must have mounted the factory A/C fan in front of the rad,which is back asswards to the direction it's supposed to be

Maxx

Reaction score
What did you do with the blade and rotation of the factory A/C fan if you mounted it in front of the rad.It's a puller fan,not a pusher fan,so unless you did something with the angle of the blades or the direction of the motor,your great idea is going to be fighting each other,as the A/C fan mounted in front,is going to be pulling air from the engine bay,while the other fan will be trying to pull air through the rad from the front. Looks to me like you kept the V6 fan behind the rad,which means you must have mounted the factory A/C fan in front of the rad,which is back asswards to the direction it's supposed to be
Haha well, you know it all dude. No they both go the same direction and they work well keeps everything cool it was a 110 out and I had the air conditioning on and doing 100 km hr with my trailer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Haha well, you know it all dude. No they both go the same direction and they work well keeps everything cool it was a 110 out and I had the air conditioning on and doing 100 km hr with my trailer.
You can say haha all you want,but unless you changed the blade angles and the direction of rotation,you're idea is wacked,one fan will be fighting the other fan.This kind of goes along with everything else you appear to think you know,lol. Did you ever figure out how the cam lobes are oiled,lol.
For anybody who thinks he's got a good idea,i'll let you know,he doesn't,as he needs to research fan blade angles and fan rotation. He's running a puller fan on both the front of the rad,and on the rear of the rad,doesn't matter what he thinks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can say haha all you want,but unless you changed the blade angles and the direction of rotation,you're idea is wacked,one fan will be fighting the other fan.This kind of goes along with everything else you appear to think you know,lol. Did you ever figure out how the cam lobes are oiled,lol.
For anybody who thinks he's got a good idea,i'll let you know,he doesn't,as he needs to research fan blade angles and fan rotation. He's running a puller fan on both the front of the rad,and on the rear of the rad,doesn't matter what he thinks
If he mounted the fan as a pusher possibly. He would have to post a better picture of the actual fan mounted. Either way the blades are not designed as pushers so the actual “push” won’t be all that great. And if it’s not sealed to the condenser than it’s useless because it’s only just blowing air at the condenser and not through it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If he mounted the fan as a pusher possibly. He would have to post a better picture of the actual fan mounted. Either way the blades are not designed as pushers so the actual “push” won’t be all that great. And if it’s not sealed to the condenser than it’s useless because it’s only just blowing air at the condenser and not through it.
I highly doubt he changed the blade angles Khris. Just reversing the fans direction won't turn it into a pusher fan,the blade angles would also need to be changed.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I highly doubt he changed the blade angles Khris. Just reversing the fans direction won't turn it into a pusher fan,the blade angles would also need to be changed.
hence why I said it wouldn’t work properly since the blades are not designed for that. If it was a proper pusher that would be different. I debated on buying a proper pusher fan and installing it but I don’t have a reason to do so since I’ve had 0 issues cooling and my ac works great.

Maxx

Reaction score
You got to be a Yankee for sure.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got to be the stupidest guy on this Forum you're the
'wild one" all right wild and stupid.
Well for one. If you are going to insult 2 different people make sure you use your insults for the right one. And second. If you would post a better picture of the fan would be great so we could actually see how you have it mounted otherwise it’s just speculation. Now if you want to continue with the insults your posts will be reported because this is not a place for that. Otherwise have a great day.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good for you and your AC, you unmistakably don’t know anything about airflow from what I can tell, where do you think the air goes on the bull fan that it bulls in up your *** I assume, you’re probably one of does guys that promote's Diablo. I’m going to hook up to my pike trailer and go out for a ride in the woods way up north have fun, know it all.
Have fun with your extra 120hp you got… can you just post a picture of your fan? Or is that to hard for you? I’m sorry that your feelings are hurt because people questioned something you did and asked for pictures of it. I went ahead and reported your rude comments. hope you have fun up north. By the way I do know how airflow works and if it’s not done properly then it doesn’t work as well. Also 2 electric fans draw a lot of wattage which will load up your alternator which then uses more horsepower to maintain your electrical system.
:3639243774_5f528137

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good for you and your AC, you unmistakably don’t know anything about airflow from what I can tell, where do you think the air goes on the bull fan that it bulls in up your *** I assume, you’re probably one of does guys that promote's Diablo. I’m going to hook up to my pike trailer and go out for a ride in the woods way up north have fun, know it all.
Like i told you before bud,please take the Canada out of your avatar,you're an embarrassment to the rest of us Canucks.Like Khris says,enjoy your trip up north,and don't antagonize the bears ,like you do the guys on here,as they might not treat you as well as we do,lol.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Comments that violated forum rules have been deleted from this thread. Discussions and disagreements about different subjects will happen, however profane language and personal attacks will not be permitted. Take a breath, guys.
Thanks
Jay

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So after reading all this, I can just remove the mechanical fan on my 2018 and be ok? Not looking to drag race or anything.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So after reading all this, I can just remove the mechanical fan on my 2018 and be ok? Not looking to drag race or anything.
Honestly I would take it off and go for a spin. I didn't really notice much difference with it on or off and because I tow a camper several times a year, I just left mine on....

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can run just the factory electric fan on the condenser as long as you get a tune or run a standalone controller. I would still recommend the v6 fan since it’s shrouded which does help it draw more air through the radiator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew