My '19 Sport Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The tow package is mandatory when you choose the 12inch screen on the Laramie. It makes no sense whatsoever. The worst part is it also deletes the 360 cam so you have to choose between a 12 inch screen or the 360 camera. By the way this only applies to the Laramie, the Limited and Longhorn have the 12inch screen stock so you are given the choice between the camera or the tow mirrors.

A major oversight in my opinion by Ram.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tow package is mandatory when you choose the 12inch screen on the Laramie. It makes no sense whatsoever. The worst part is it also deletes the 360 cam so you have to choose between a 12 inch screen or the 360 camera. By the way this only applies to the Laramie, the Limited and Longhorn have the 12inch screen stock so you are given the choice between the camera or the tow mirrors.

That’s good info ^^^^

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well this explains everything. And also ****** me off.

Ramjet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have really fallen hard for this new design. I thought it was just ok when it rolled out, but have really gotten in to it. Congrats!!

SCasey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I'm pretty sure this is a glitch on the Ram Build and Price website. Their system is not perfect. I've been using this website, https://www.thecarconnection.com/price/ram_1500_2019_tradesman-4x2-quad-cab-64-box and when building a Laramie and selecting the 12" UConnect, the Tow Package is not forced.

Another glitch you'll find on the Ram Build and Price is with the Laramie Sport when choosing Maximum Steel. You'll see that the grille surround remains chrome even with the Sport Package. It has been confirmed that the grille surround is indeed body-color with the Sport Package (just like every other color option). Again, the B&P has its glitches.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck.

What do you think of the headlights at night on your new 2019?
Wanted to come back to this...the LED output is really good. Like very good. Not HID greatness, but very good output especially compared to the previous gens. The fogs also provide amazing output as well.

I have really fallen hard for this new design. I thought it was just ok when it rolled out, but have really gotten in to it. Congrats!!
I would advise you to NOT sit or drive in one, cause once you do you will buy it. I can't explain how well this truck is over my 17. It's like night and day difference. Everything is just perfect. The seats, the ride, the luxury everywhere...

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates on swapping out the tow mirrors? I found a truck identical to what I have on order but it has the tow mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates on swapping out the tow mirrors? I found a truck identical to what I have on order but it has the tow mirrors.

Called my dealer and it's not an issue, but he is looking into the entire logistics of it all. Plus getting me some prices up. He also said that getting the 12" screen should not have given me the tow package automatically, cause his own truck is a Laramie with the screen and without the mirrors.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Called my dealer and it's not an issue, but he is looking into the entire logistics of it all. Plus getting me some prices up. He also said that getting the 12" screen should not have given me the tow package automatically, cause his own truck is a Laramie with the screen and without the mirrors.
Awesome! Keep us posted.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes please as I also do not want NOR need tow mirrors.

Father Of Four

ApexCars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Actually, the 12 inch screen is NOT standard on the Longhorn and the glitch in the B&P system forces the tow package on the Longhorn as well.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw some OEM tow mirrors for sale on eBay so I inquired about the power fold. $460 per side! Plus the truck has to be flashed. Very curious to see what your dealer comes up with.

FWIW, the OEM tow mirrors can be had for $400.

Last edited: