New gen customer experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Been purchasing Dodge Trucks since 1986. Have experienced both great service and horrible service. My 03 ram 1500 (return of the hemi) had the valve spring defect problem at 10,000 miles. Dodge would only replace the one spring that broke even though they knew others would fail due to the bad run of valve springs. When our 86 Dodge pinion shaft failed, Dodge dealer refused to accept Dodge answer that it was caused by abuse. Dealer sent the defective casting flaw to Dodge and got them to cover the $900 cost to r/r. Now have a 2018 ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with 3K and the exhaust system has a leak. Dealer inspected and confirmed cold start exhaust leak. "cannot fix or correct until it is doing it all the time or it causes a break"
I would agree that many dealers consider service a required factory evil. The increase in multiple brands per dealer over loads the service dept and prevents the techs from getting good at understanding one brand well. Buying a first year or new gen vehicle today, high risk. After about 2 years of sales, Dodge does get it it right and is pretty good about getting us notification to repair or correct. Other than the disturbing exhaust leak, and dealer BS the 2018 Ram 2500 is my wife's favorite truck.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m not sure this only applies to new gens. I have been driving Dodge personally for 14 years (I just turned 30) and my father has been driving Dodge since the 70s. During my childhood, the dealerships have always tried shafting him down here in South Florida. With my SRT Chargers, I had to get SRT involved countless times because the dealerships suck. I wish they’d put the same energy into improving customer experiences as they do redesigning these trucks. It’s no good if you get the market to flock to you only to be turned away after one purchase because your customer experience sucks. The cars keep me attached to this brand, not the people.

Full disclosure, I used to be a Chrysler tech. It isn’t about new brands, new technologies, training, etc. The dealerships have never been operated in a way that they push customer happiness. It is what it is. Especially down here where life is so fast paced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk