Radio help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobD109

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All, need help.

my 8.4 radio partially quit working. No xsm or nav. Tried a replacement out of a 2021 but not all functions are working ( no XSM or seat heat/cool, steering wheel heat). ram quoted a replacement for $3,200 plus programmin. If I need a replacement I would like Apple CarPlay.
recommendations on aftermarket units that will support OEM creature comforts and Apple CarPlay?

thank you.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If it came out of a '21 Gen5 truck it's not going to work.
If it's out of a '21 Gen4 trucks(same body as your truck) it should work mostly. The heated seats buttons may stay greyed out but the physical buttons still work. To get CarPlay to work, the Media USB hub need to be charged which will need a wiring harness adapter. This is one of the hubs that works: 68283703AA
You can get the wiring harness adapter here: https://www.m2mods4ram.com/4th-gen-ram-radio-upgrade

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
All, need help.

my 8.4 radio partially quit working. No xsm or nav. Tried a replacement out of a 2021 but not all functions are working ( no XSM or seat heat/cool, steering wheel heat). ram quoted a replacement for $3,200 plus programmin. If I need a replacement I would like Apple CarPlay.
recommendations on aftermarket units that will support OEM creature comforts and Apple CarPlay?

thank you.
It sounds like your antenna is bad, not your radio.