Radio jumping channels at random

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First time posting here. I have a 2018 Ram Limited 1500 that I bought new. It’s got 30,000 miles to date. Recently the radio has started jumping radio stations on its own. When this happens there is a little beep noise at the same time. It does it whether it’s on XM, FM or AM. It’s an intermittent problem but becoming more frequent as of late. And yesterday while I had the climate screen on, the AC would change fan speed on its own.
I haven’t taken it to the dealership yet and figured I would start here and see if any others has experienced this? It’s annoying as hell. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Malex

Malex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK cool. Never knew there was such a thing. Had to google to find out how to reset. Thanks!

So I Researched and came across this.

Screen delaminating is said to be the reason. Watch video - how to fix - which is starting a claim with U Connect. I’ve noticed the screen delamination on my screen pretty much since the truck was new. The you tube vid showed the same thing.

Left-lane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is one of the most useful comments I've seen on the site. I had a 2018 and had exactly the same channel jumping issue with a delaminated screen. I wish knew about this approach much sooner.. Thanks for the post.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I Researched and came across this.

Screen delaminating is said to be the reason. Watch video - how to fix - which is starting a claim with U Connect. I’ve noticed the screen delamination on my screen pretty much since the truck was new. The you tube vid showed the same thing.

That sounds like an excellent solution for those within the warranty period. Thanks for posting.

Have you contacted Uconnect and received any good news?

Last edited: