Replacing 12v socket in 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambling Wreck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. The 12v power socket has quit working. I mention the Laramie Longhorn configuration because the socket in question is mounted in the front wall of the box that extends from the console to the lower part of the dash. YouTube has let me down. They show a couple of videos on changing those sockets but none of them have the socket in that same location.

If anyone knows how to remove the existing socket and would be willing to explain it, I'd be grateful.

Thank you..

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is this the console you are working with? If so there are just three screws you need to remove to get to the power plug. Pull up the rubber just below the ac controls there are 2 screws there and also pull the rubber in the middle of the console there is 1 screw there, then you just need to pull the edges of the console and it will come out. The connection for the plug will under there. Hope this is the info that you needed.

Attachments

• 20240313_125013.jpg
    20240313_125013.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
R

Rambling Wreck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
Thank you. That’s exactly the console I need to work on. And it sounds reasonably simple. And who knows, I might be able to get 10 years worth of spilled coffee and other stuff, much of it unidentifiable, out of there.

Thanks again.