Replacing Electric Parking Brake Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

North_Texas_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey guys and gals, has anyone had any experience replacing the electric parking brake on the 5th gen ram, I have seen the video of about the same module being replace on other vehicles but not the ram. I am confident I can do it, there are just 2 star type torque screws that hold it on besides the electrical connector, the connector is my problem, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that connector disconnected, I am afraid of breaking it, attached is a picture of the connector and the module, I see what looks like maybe a white clip but doesn't seem to want to move, any help would be appreciated, The Connector in the picture from the manual is the label number 1, thanks !

Attachments

• brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 7
  • brake module.jpg
    brake module.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
N

North_Texas_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok, I just finished this today May 26 24, it was fairly easy, the connector a service advisor from a dealership near me showed me how to disconnect, you just press down the top of the connector and pull back and it releases, there are only 2 torxs screws that hold it on, kind of hard to get to, if you change I recommend removing the tire and setting the vehicle on jack stands, the kit comes with the new part, an O-ring, remove the old o-ring, and lube for the new O-ring, also 2 new bolts with thread locker on them. I replaced the module, disconnected the battery, replaced the fuse just in case, reconnected the battery after 20 minutes, started the vehicle, and pressed down on the brake switch for a few seconds until the flashing red light disappeared, and now it is working again, very simple procedure if you ever need to replace