Transmission Heater failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MightyBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everybody,

6 month ago, I had a 2020 Ram 1500 in my garage who had the transmission heater broken, the whole transmission fluid goes into the coolant and the tranny was completely broken.
I replaced the tranny with a 2nd hand low miles, and take a new transmission heater. After that everything was fine for 100 miles and suddenly one of the 2 rubber hose uppon the heater broke... I replace the whole line from the front end to the heater (half day work) after maybe 1000 miles the hose broke again.... I just replaced the rubber and not the whole line and it broke a third times...

before breaking, there was a slight leak in the hose clamp. while there is no thermostat on this line so as soon as the engine is hot, in my opinion the pressure should be constant and the leak permanent or not?

I thought of an overpressure in the cooling system (maybe because of a broken cylinder head gasket?) but I did a CO test and nothing?? but I still sometimes have some bubble at the radiator but not all the time ?

This is very strange.
Has anyone ever had similar problems? the ram has 341000 miles but the owner want to keep it even it has a lot of other problem

Thank you very much for your help

Steve From Belgium

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You can delete the thermal management unit /heater off the transmission if you want,and convert back to the older 5/6 speed transmission heater hoses. The HD trucks and cars don't use the heater. But i'd sure question why you're blowing the hoses ,which does lead back to a high pressure issue with-in the engine,ie head gaskets as your suspecting.
Start reading about here and you'll see how CrazyKid and i deleted the thermal management unit aka the heater off the side of the transmission.

Last edited: